Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
#90 said:
Somehow it would seem weird for Fisher to go back to Houston of all places. I'd want a 1st for Fisher.
What scares me is that Mortonson is usually right on when he reports info. We need to pick-up Fishers option year and work on a long multi year extention. Not retaining Fisher would be clearly one(1) of the most asinine moves ever. That being said... if for some reason its Fisher who wants out... it would be the Texans' number 1 pick and nothing less.

Titanpride said:
it would be the Texans' number 1 pick and nothing less.

Not gonna happen.

The Jets just got a #4 for their Head Coach. There's no way Texas gives up the first pick in the draft for a coach.

Let's just stick with the HC what we've got.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
http://tennessean.com

fishertexans.jpg

and his replacement would be ? Dave McGinnis ?

oh boy, that really sounds like it'll work :sad2:

I mean, there are like 7 coaching vacancies right now
if we lost Fish, we'd have some slim pickings as to a successor

RollTide said:
We were the youngest team in the league but many of our youngest players were on the bench.
how is it nonsense? brandon jones started some games. rookie. coutrney roby started some games. rookie. pacman started 13 games. rookie. reynaldo hill started about 9 games. rookie. michael roos started 16 games. rookie. bo scaife started as a rookie in a game or two.

my point is we have starters who are vets, but they got hurt. thats when the rookies came in.

whether you want to believe it or not we were a very young team. we had 28 guys on the 53 man roster who were in there second year or a rookie.

RollTide...

RollTide said:
Reese is one of the best choosing in the first rd? Like mister attitude problem at CB? How about andre woolfolk? Great pick? How about kevin dyson? Stud? Even good picks like haynesworth have hardly set the world on fire. I'm not saying that reese sucks with his first rd picks but he is no more successful than anyone else.

Reese shines more in the middle rounds with picks like mason, mccareins and he is good with undrafted free agents like volek and bennett. He has also been pretty good at getting other teams leftovers like KVB and thompson.
I said that Reese and Co. are good at holding their cards close to their vest as to not reveal too much in terms of their draft intentions (with various smokescreen tactics). I did not mention anything in terms of the drafting ability/history of Reese and Co.

The article said MIGHT be interested.

I like Fisher as a coach, but he is not the top man on my list of canidates and I don't like the idea of giving up a pick for a coach.

Overalls......what is the reaction going to be among Houston fans if Kubiak gets the job, which seems very likely. Will he be well-received for the most part?

Titantonic said:
Overalls......what is the reaction going to be among Houston fans if Kubiak gets the job, which seems very likely. Will he be well-received for the most part?

Of course I am only one person, even if I am as big as two, but I think for the most part we are cool with the idea. We are tired of our offense. I would prefer Carr Stay at QB and Kubiak has had some good things to say about him. Don't laugh, but he compaired him to Elway. Our offense has been terrible and it looks like atleast some of that is because we had a consevative, deffensive coach as Head Coach. In the last three games they turned Carr loose some and he did better. In the half game that they let Carr call the plays, we scored 24 points. That is more than we scored in most of our games.

Overalls said:
Of course I am only one person, even if I am as big as two, but I think for the most part we are cool with the idea. We are tired of our offense. I would prefer Carr Stay at QB and Kubiak has had some good things to say about him. Don't laugh, but he compaired him to Elway. Our offense has been terrible and it looks like atleast some of that is because we had a consevative, deffensive coach as Head Coach. In the last three games they turned Carr loose some and he did better. In the half game that they let Carr call the plays, we scored 24 points. That is more than we scored in most of our games.

I was like "bravo" when they let Carr do that, to the point I wondered why more teams don't let their QBs do the same (like us, more often). Teams seems so unwilling to change what clearly isn't working, no matter what, as if to say, "We're gonna lose my way - no one else's."

Fisher doesn't appear to be the type to comment on such things. He's already said that he's under contract so it doesn't matter if Fish is interested or not.

I think Sims is full of BS.

TitanJeff said:
Fisher doesn't appear to be the type to comment on such things. I think Sims is full of BS.

Couldve been someone with the Rams who commented on it though after talking to Fisher. I dont see it happening either though, but this offseason might be even more interesting than we thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back