Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not buying it until I hear/read something from a Titan source....and what would be so attractive about going to ST.L anyways?

With Bud having a history of getting rid of popular coaches and with the length of time Jeff has been the coach, Jeff may just want a change in scenery. Both MAY feel that he has done all that he can here.

Adams has to give permission right? Doesn't make much sense to me on our end or Fish for that matter - if he wants to leave St.L wouldn't be on the top of my list.

Can't please everyone all of the time, eh?

ammotroop said:
WTF!!!! If Fish leaves I am not gonna be happy....
:hmm:
Rams Forum User said:
Jeff Fisher?

His record is worse than Martz over the last 5 years.

Why would we want to give up precious draft picks for a proven loser when we can get an up and comer for just cash,and probably less than it would cost to make J Fisher happy?
:hmm:
grumpy.jpeg

Looks like alot of folks feel like this guy. :rolleyes:

TitanJeff said:
Fisher doesn't appear to be the type to comment on such things. He's already said that he's under contract so it doesn't matter if Fish is interested or not.

I think Sims is full of BS.
Agree.
People keep saying "entertaining coaching the Rams", etc... Boomer said Fisher would "entertain talking with the Rams". On the business side of things, there is a BIG difference between the two, IMO.
That could just be a way of letting Bud know that others ARE interested in him, in case he was "entertaining" thoughts of change. It is leverage. Fisher has now been through, what I feel, is the worst of the "salary cap rebuilding" times. He has made it up the hardest part of the mountain. Now he's within site of the peak. (Iknow! Really crappy analogy!)

is his record really worse over the last 5 years??
The irony there is that going into the season this year they were both in the top half among all coaches...I think Jeff's record is "worse" but either man has done well over time. That's a case of statisical manipulation IMO.

I don't know where they currently ranks as of the end of 2005 regular season. If I was Team X in need of a coach and Fish and Mad Scientist were both available, I'd go with Fisher, even if he is a bit conservative.

RollTide said:
Reese is one of the best choosing in the first rd? Like mister attitude problem at CB? How about andre woolfolk? Great pick? How about kevin dyson? Stud? Even good picks like haynesworth have hardly set the world on fire. I'm not saying that reese sucks with his first rd picks but he is no more successful than anyone else.

Reese shines more in the middle rounds with picks like mason, mccareins and he is good with undrafted free agents like volek and bennett. He has also been pretty good at getting other teams leftovers like KVB and thompson.
Good summation.

moose4now said:
Yeah, it was all the coach's fault. :rolleyes:

At what point does Floyd Reese start to take some of the heat for the mess that has been created with this franchise? :irked:

Since this thread was highjacked long before I jumped in here, I will chime in with my 2 cents. Fisher is still a good coach and YES, Schwartz is even a very capable (some might even say good) D-Coordinator. The problem has been with the talent...mainly on the D-line and especially safety...maybe add a speedy LB too...keep KVB, Haynesworth stays healthy, and it's a whole different team. :winker:

Overalls said:
Of course I am only one person, even if I am as big as two, but I think for the most part we are cool with the idea. We are tired of our offense. I would prefer Carr Stay at QB and Kubiak has had some good things to say about him. Don't laugh, but he compaired him to Elway. Our offense has been terrible and it looks like atleast some of that is because we had a consevative, deffensive coach as Head Coach. In the last three games they turned Carr loose some and he did better. In the half game that they let Carr call the plays, we scored 24 points. That is more than we scored in most of our games.
Kubiak has a pretty solid history working with QBs, too. I'd like to see the Texans get him, get the offense and Carr straightened out and get back into contention (right behind the Titans, of course).

For weeks, speculation has persisted that Jeff Fisher would leave the Titans for the Rams or Texans. He will not.

Fisher has one year and an option year remaining on a contract that makes him one of the NFL's top-paid coaches. Fisher has said he is not even thinking about leaving, even if there are some connected to the Titans organization that might not mind making a change.

Titans owner Bud Adams, if he desires, can opt to keep Fisher through the 2007 season. A decision on Fisher's future will be made after next season, but the decision on this one already has been made. Tennessee will not be searching for a new head coach this winter.

johnnybow said:
Good summation.

Wrong Summation! When you find a scapegoat ride it, right... wrong. There was a lot more wrong with the Titans and with overall selections, period. After this offseason, his first non-injured one, you'll see just how much hard work and heart combined with natural ability will contribute to the explosion that is coming next camp. Just make sure you sum that up right. Out.

WoolfolksUncle said:
Wrong Summation! When you find a scapegoat ride it, right... wrong. There was a lot more wrong with the Titans and with overall selections, period. After this offseason, his first non-injured one, you'll see just how much hard work and heart combined with natural ability will contribute to the explosion that is coming next camp. Just make sure you sum that up right. Out.
I touched a nerve that I didn't mean to touch. The thought that was running through my mind when I posted that comment was, "How many Pro Bowlers out of all those choices, so far..." The ONLY thing I disagree with Andre Woolfolk on is his desire to play corner. I think the nickel back position is changing and he could make it really special. But that's my opinion. I understand that most of his injuries have been caused by teammate's play. You could theorize that Andre would have been better off had he been drafted by another team. But Andre is here. And I'm glad we have him. I just wish, like Andre himself, that he have a healthy, successful career. I will further state that I will not knowingly throw mud at anyone. That ain't my style.

hijackers_collage_1.jpg

Uh oh... this just in...
...chatter indicates gotitans thread has been hijacked.
action is met with complete apathy...

all is well...

(there ain't nuthing like a Sooner with sumthin' to prove :winker:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back