Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather have a thread talking about our favorite snacks It would help the Titans just as much.
Best snack I've had of late was this Christmas. My son-in-law made these awesome club crackers sprinkled with parmesan cheese with a bit of brown sugar and wrapped in bacon.

I think you're assuming he would be injured if he played with us. Different opponent, different schemes, different play, different fields, different DC....way too many variables to assume he would've gotten injured for the season if he played with us still.
Maybe..
If healthy he certainly wouldve been an upgrade over what we have out there right now. I still think he wouldve gotten cut after this year with the way his contract is structured. In hindsight, I do wish we had him right now. But I also think it was sound process by JRob. If Clowney or Beasley had worked out, it wouldve been a solid move.

"Don't claim me off waivers."

*Claimed off waivers*

giphy.gif

Maybe..
If healthy he certainly wouldve been an upgrade over what we have out there right now. I still think he wouldve gotten cut after this year with the way his contract is structured. In hindsight, I do wish we had him right now. But I also think it was sound process by JRob. If Clowney or Beasley had worked out, it wouldve been a solid move.
Good point, I agree

Welp there goes that train. I just don’t get what Jrob is doing. Doesn’t seem like they even attempted to fix what was and has been broken via trade or waivers. He didn’t draft well, didn’t do well in free agency and while our record is slightly better our defense has regressed to one of the worst in the league. I don’t expect us to get past the first round, if we even get in.

Maybe..
I don't think so. He wasn't worth a 6th, even if we did flip it for King. Crawford should of never been starting. At that point eat the salary for 2020 and let him go 2021. I think people forget how dominant he was in the playoffs. Obviously with hindsight it worked out, but you can't assume he would of been injured here.

"Don't claim me off waivers."

*Claimed off waivers*

giphy.gif
Yea but I'm sure he's happy. He went to the better NFC team. He just didn't want to get claimed by the Jags or some crappy team. Too bad. I would assume the packers had a higher waiver than us?

Harrison has 11 sacks in his career.

What would he fix on this defense?
Um... what average rush per carry are we giving up???

Don't be silly with your take. You know one stat doesn't tell the full story and he immediately helps our defense over Jack Crawford!

Welp there goes that train. I just don’t get what Jrob is doing. Doesn’t seem like they even attempted to fix what was and has been broken via trade or waivers. He didn’t draft well, didn’t do well in free agency and while our record is slightly better our defense has regressed to one of the worst in the league. I don’t expect us to get past the first round, if we even get in.
What are you talking about? JRob signed the biggest free agent available and paid for one of the top pass rushers available that had his moments of shine. Hindsight is 2020 but he made an effort in an offseason where you can't have individual workouts. He traded for King midseason and for all we know he may have made a play at Dunlap or some other rusher. Do you know if the Titans have a higher wavier than the Packers? You may not be happy with the outcome, but you can't complain about the effort.

Um... what average rush per carry are we giving up???

Don't be silly with your take. You know one stat doesn't tell the full story and he immediately helps our defense over Jack Crawford!
4.5 YPC, which is middle of the pack.

And Snacks plays Jones’ position, not Crawford’s.

JRob tried with Clowney and Beasley...it didn't work out.

Trading Casey hurt, but his salary was obviously a concern/issue.

The trade for King worked out well, need to sign him to an extension.

Not trading for Yannick or going after Everson Griffen was not a good decision but the salaries may have been the issue?

What are you talking about? JRob signed the biggest free agent available and paid for one of the top pass rushers available that had his moments of shine. Hindsight is 2020 but he made an effort in an offseason where you can't have individual workouts. He traded for King midseason and for all we know he may have made a play at Dunlap or some other rusher. Do you know if the Titans have a higher wavier than the Packers? You may not be happy with the outcome, but you can't complain about the effort.
Moments of shine? Clowney?
You can shine a turd, its still a turd

4.5 YPC, which is middle of the pack.

And Snacks plays Jones’ position, not Crawford’s.
And you're happy with "middle of the pack"? For the record we give up 5ypc and are ranked 30th...

View attachment 18083

Come on man, you're just trying to be petty. The positions are so interactable and we run multiple fronts. You can easily put Harrison at 0 or 1 and DJ at 3-5. Significant improvement no matter how you want to take it.

Either way, it doesn't matter now. A Super Bowl contender with a better defense than ours though he'd be a value-add to their team.

Moments of shine? Clowney?
You can shine a turd, its still a turd
Beasley, and I was referring to past performances. You can't blame JRob for making the moves even if the outcomes sucked. The majority of this board was happy with Beasley and salivating over Clowney. Credit to JRob for taking a chance on one-year deals. Shame they didn't work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back