Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
So cutting Tanny after June 1 saves 27mil against the cap this yr.... If cut Tanny isn't finding a contract worth anywhere near 27 mil.... my guess is at this point he wouldn't get 15mil because most teams are pretty set at QB unless their starter gets injured.

Should the Titans ask Tanny to take a paycut?

Maybe Ran was hoping that Byard would take one and set the precedent for being a team player.

Wonder what Tanny would think about taking 20mil guaranteed with incentives to get him up to 30mil?

I still think Tanny has game left in the tank and that Levis sitting a yr would be good, but I could see a Cincy scenario.... throw Levis to the fire....take our lumps and losses and then draft Marvin Harrison Jr next yr.

Wouldn't be surprised if we cut tanny. Office has no Interest in throwing the ball anyways. We're just going to break Henry this year aren't we.

Henry 1000 carries 4000 yards.

So cutting Tanny after June 1 saves 27mil against the cap this yr.... If cut Tanny isn't finding a contract worth anywhere near 27 mil.... my guess is at this point he wouldn't get 15mil because most teams are pretty set at QB unless their starter gets injured.

Should the Titans ask Tanny to take a paycut?

Maybe Ran was hoping that Byard would take one and set the precedent for being a team player.

Wonder what Tanny would think about taking 20mil guaranteed with incentives to get him up to 30mil?

I still think Tanny has game left in the tank and that Levis sitting a yr would be good, but I could see a Cincy scenario.... throw Levis to the fire....take our lumps and losses and then draft Marvin Harrison Jr next yr.

i don’t see the benefit of cutting him, unless the cap space rolls over it’s useless because there are no quality free agents left to sign. Might as well let Tanny play this year and let Willis and Levi’s battle for the backup spot.

No on cutting Tannehill. Levis is not ready, and putting him on the field too earlier in his development could do more harm here IMO.

Cut tanne
Start Levis before he's ready
Ruin Levis confidence/get him injured
Start Willis for injured Levis
Complain that Willis hasn't developed
Draft new project QB
Start new project QB before he's ready
Ruin new project QB confidence/get him injured
Start Levis for injured project QB
Complain that Levis hasn't developed
Repeat until you find a football god who can over come complete lack of supporting talent and win a Superbowl!

Nope. Tannehill will be the starter. Hopefully Levis is ready next season.

Would be GREAT if he somehow climbed the rankings to starter this season but that ain't happening.

Best case is Levis quickly beats out Willis for back up duty and is ready to start next season...

I say cut him after June 1...use that 27 mil on 30 special teamers

I agree. If levis is healthy and he should be and willis is healthy….why not. Invest in young free agents. Levis might surprise everyone. He had no line and receivers at UK, so he used to being hit. At 35, is tanny that much better.

Nope. Tannehill will be the starter. Hopefully Levis is ready next season.

Would be GREAT if he somehow climbed the rankings to starter this season but that ain't happening.

Best case is Levis quickly beats out Willis for back up duty and is ready to start next season...

I agree that is the most likely scenario

The Titans need to trade Tannehill for a 2024 day 2 pick. I think we could probably get something from the Bucs. I can't imagine they are committed to Baker/Trask and Tannehill can come in and give them an immediate upgrade at QB for 2024.

Levis needs to be thrown into the fire and start game 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back