Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Tannehill will be the starter. Hopefully Levis is ready next season.

Would be GREAT if he somehow climbed the rankings to starter this season but that ain't happening.

Best case is Levis quickly beats out Willis for back up duty and is ready to start next season...

It is better for his development for him to earn it rather than be given it

If we all agree that Levis needs a year to learn and the team isn't going anywhere in 2023 with or without Tanney, just cut Tanney, save the $$ and start Willis knowing this will be an embarrassingly bad year and we get a very high draft pick in 2024. (only partly joking......)

Cut tanne
Start Levis before he's ready
Ruin Levis confidence/get him injured
Start Willis for injured Levis
Complain that Willis hasn't developed
Draft new project QB
Start new project QB before he's ready
Ruin new project QB confidence/get him injured
Start Levis for injured project QB
Complain that Levis hasn't developed
Repeat until you find a football god who can over come complete lack of supporting talent and win a Superbowl!

Worked for the Bills and Allen didn't it? I thought the offense he ran was similar to ours and that's the reason why we were high on him?

If we all agree that Levis needs a year to learn and the team isn't going anywhere in 2023 with or without Tanney, just cut Tanney, save the $$ and start Willis knowing this will be an embarrassingly bad year and we get a very high draft pick in 2024. (only partly joking......)
“We” don’t all agree.

titans are a potential playoff team and I believe they can compete among the AFC.

Worked for the Bills and Allen didn't it? I thought the offense he ran was similar to ours and that's the reason why we were high on him?
The bills added a bunch of talent the year they drafted Allen. We purged the whole team. And even then Allen was bad enough ppl wanted him gone. Then had to add more talent again the next year before he finally put together a legitimate season. Problem is if we do that with Levis he'll be 27 at that point and almost a free agent.

“We” don’t all agree.

titans are a potential playoff team and I believe they can compete among the AFC.

I hope you are right and I am totally wrong in my pessimism. That is certainly possible. However, how are we much better than last year, outside of some will be returning from injuries (which is not a small detail)?

The weakest area was offensive line. Well, we lost our two best players from that group (Jones, Davis) as well as Lewan (classify him as you wish). We brought in a backup which will hopefully do well and a couple of rookies. I see a chance that this group still struggles this year.

Wide receiver- Oh boy.

QB- well, we still have Tannehill as the starter and I'm just not getting too excited about Levis. His college numbers just weren't indicative of a QB that is about to excel in the NFL. I don't really see any improvement this year in this group. I could be wrong and I hope I am, but we will see.

RB- still have DH and drafted what could be another good RB. We are probably just as good as last year. Probably not better, but perhaps a bit deeper.

Defense-- little change, but that's OK. It was and probably will still be a solid group.

In short, we went 7-10 and ended with a heck of a losing streak last year and other than some players returning from injury (hopefully for good), I don't see too many immediate game-changing moves..... thus, my pessimism. Hopefully this is good news since I'm often wrong on these things. Time will tell.

What reasons do we have for optimism?

tannehill will start and be replaced by the bye week. cuz he stinks and takes this team nowhere. and it will be time to see what we have in the rookie.

With Kyler injured and Monti in AZ, a Tanny for DHop trade makes almost too much sense. Personally I’d definitely prefer Tanny at least start the season for us though.

With Kyler injured and Monti in AZ, a Tanny for DHop trade makes almost too much sense. Personally I’d definitely prefer Tanny at least start the season for us though.

Hopkins has said he didn't want to go anywhere. The coach and GM have said they don't see trading him.

But somehow, here we are...over and over. I've seen "oh the Titans are going to trade *insert half the team* for Hopkins*. But every indication from the people actually involved say no.

tannehill will start and be replaced by the bye week. cuz he stinks and takes this team nowhere. and it will be time to see what we have in the rookie.
He's only taken the Titans to a 36-19 record as the starter...the playoffs every year but a disaster of a season last year from the entire team in which he was hurt.

Hate Tannehill if you want, but since he took over at QB this team has had more success than the team had in a long long time.

He's no HOFer but plenty good enough to win with a team around him and he's proven that. Sometimes even without a team around him.

I hope you are right and I am totally wrong in my pessimism. That is certainly possible. However, how are we much better than last year, outside of some will be returning from injuries (which is not a small detail)?

The weakest area was offensive line. Well, we lost our two best players from that group (Jones, Davis) as well as Lewan (classify him as you wish). We brought in a backup which will hopefully do well and a couple of rookies. I see a chance that this group still struggles this year.

Wide receiver- Oh boy.

QB- well, we still have Tannehill as the starter and I'm just not getting too excited about Levis. His college numbers just weren't indicative of a QB that is about to excel in the NFL. I don't really see any improvement this year in this group. I could be wrong and I hope I am, but we will see.

RB- still have DH and drafted what could be another good RB. We are probably just as good as last year. Probably not better, but perhaps a bit deeper.

Defense-- little change, but that's OK. It was and probably will still be a solid group.

In short, we went 7-10 and ended with a heck of a losing streak last year and other than some players returning from injury (hopefully for good), I don't see too many immediate game-changing moves..... thus, my pessimism. Hopefully this is good news since I'm often wrong on these things. Time will tell.

Not re-building our o-line will be the reason the Titans fail in 2023-24.

Wide receiver- Oh boy.

How we’re better than last year?
Health. Back to back years leading the league in injuries/IR. Hope that doesn’t hit the trifecta
And experience. Rookies can improve. Same hope for QBs thrown to the fire, give them some time to struggle, then witness improvement. Same applies for all positions.

OL was weak last year. Still may be this year, but at a start, we know 5 news guys are starting. Can’t think of a better way to change a crap OL.

WR- agree is still an issue. Health could help. Keep Burks and Philips all year and maybe it’s not as big a problem as thought.

defense- one of the best across the league. FA and health should keep this a top 5 D.

RB- leagues best back.

QB- unreal the write-offs for THill. 99% are hindsight revisionist theory. There was no issue until a bad Cincy game, then there was issue with games before.

yep, a 7-10 unhealthy team last year.
Still a s**t division with 3 other crap teams.
Plenty of reason for optimism.

We've made our bed... now we need to lay in it for another year....

last thing we need to do is throw Mayo right into the mix....... pun intended.

We've made our bed... now we need to lay in it for another year....

last thing we need to do is throw Mayo right into the mix....... pun intended.
Well Mayo (his nickname now), will sit behind circle Squirrel and Tammy. Hopefully I never see the nutcracker again on the field other than preseason.

I expect Tannehill will start until we are out of playoff contention. If we don’t make some moves at WR, that may not take long.

Don't question him, he's a diehard fan. He watches 4 Titans games a year.

Five, if they make the playoffs.
While we have new names on the o-line... did we make a major jump in talent?

I am not sure we did. It will be up to the new o=line coach to try to turn them into a unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back