Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we have new names on the o-line... did we make a major jump in talent?

I am not sure we did. It will be up to the new o=line coach to try to turn them into a unit.
LT - better but still not good, any warm body would be better than what daley was
LG - elite - clear upgrade. blew a top 11 pick on it
C - clear downgrade
RG - hoping we at least broke even in this spot
RT - unchanged

I'd say we got better. Major jump? no

LT - better but still not good, any warm body would be better than what daley was
LG - elite - clear upgrade. blew a top 11 pick on it
C - clear downgrade
RG - hoping we at least broke even in this spot
RT - unchanged

I'd say we got better. Major jump? no
Right, so the worst o-line in the afc is now the worst or maybe 2nd worst.

He's only taken the Titans to a 36-19 record as the starter...the playoffs every year but a disaster of a season last year from the entire team in which he was hurt.

Hate Tannehill if you want, but since he took over at QB this team has had more success than the team had in a long long time.

He's no HOFer but plenty good enough to win with a team around him and he's proven that. Sometimes even without a team around him.
doesn't change anything. he does not elevate the WRs he is given and we just cut his #1 receiver from last year. the offense stunk and we took weapons away and marginally got better on the OL.

love the optimism. looking back at non-qb stats is fun. but he isnt the guy. if he was we wouldnt have traded up for a qb at the top of the 2nd. (and were heavily trying to move back into the 1st for him also)

levis will get his chance this year one way or another. I do not see this team competing

(cue the 7 paragraph homer rant reply from hurraytitans explaining how the titans are contenders for the superbowl with a bottom 5 roster)

not so much cause new guys are above average or anything just the old guys were all so far below average
yeah looks to me our o-line went from unbelievably bad to just really bad. Not gonna change a lot when we still have a really bad o-line.

I'm seeing a .500ish season. Defence will be fine, offense will be a bit lackluster. Be it as it may Tanniehill is a good game manager, but with no serious weapons to throw to we will it be in 3rd and long again alot of the time. We need to see a serious improvement from our wrs this year and the oline to gel week 1 to get a serious run for the division title.

I'm seeing a .500ish season. Defence will be fine, offense will be a bit lackluster. Be it as it may Tanniehill is a good game manager, but with no serious weapons to throw to we will it be in 3rd and long again alot of the time. We need to see a serious improvement from our wrs this year and the oline to gel week 1 to get a serious run for the division title.
9-8 is probably still good for division.

Not sure why, but a lot of people seem on that train. Got onboard before last year, then talked about it a lot more as TN epically collapsed to even open a door for them.

I think they’re a 9-8 team too.
We'll see, Lawrence is only going to get better, the HC actually knows what he's doing
They're a better team than we like to think

We'll see, Lawrence is only going to get better, the HC actually knows what he's doing
They're a better team than we like to think
I think the OT there made sense. He was ranked pretty highly in the scouting world. I do think we should have taken boutte over that TE though. Boutte has that high upside chance. Of course we let bill get him...

Not sure why, but a lot of people seem on that train. Got onboard before last year, then talked about it a lot more as TN epically collapsed to even open a door for them.

I think they’re a 9-8 team too.
lawrence was on the sideline when Dobbs threw an INC that was ruled a TO... and got credit for a game winning drive cause QB

lawrence was on the sideline when Dobbs threw an INC that was ruled a TO... and got credit for a game winning drive cause QB
Oh I remember.
Lawrence did improve from season 1 to season 2 as many QBs do, but I just don’t see anything that justifies the constant concern about him. He’s seems pretty average across the QB spectrum.

Im guessing it’s flashbacks to getting hammered by Manning and Luck. There’s just this curious worry that hangs out there if no QB within the division is really all that good. Like a void that some are desperate to fill.

Oh I remember.
Lawrence did improve from season 1 to season 2 as many QBs do, but I just don’t see anything that justifies the constant concern about him. He’s seems pretty average across the QB spectrum.

Im guessing it’s flashbacks to getting hammered by Manning and Luck. There’s just this curious worry that hangs out there if no QB within the division is really all that good. Like a void that some are desperate to fill.

Lawrence had a Ryan Tannehill like season and now he's the next Tom Brady.

I agree, he seems pretty average.. could do well or could collapse. Not ready to crown him king of the AFCS just yet, that's for sure.

I wouldn’t deal Tanny at this point. If Levis is ever going to have a shot at being “the guy” in the future, I think it’s best if he sits a year behind a vet like Tanny and learns without being thrown into the fire.

Let’s be realistic here. We probably aren’t going anywhere this year, so I am starting to think it might not be a bad idea to trade Byard or even Henry if we can build up some draft capital for next year. Not sure either of those guys would help pile on some decent picks in a trade or not though.

But we worked on the Oline this year, maybe a year from now Levis can be ready to take the reins. With enough draft capital a huge amount of cap space next year, we load up on weapons and hope that Levis can be “that guy” and get back to contention. But I’m not too hopeful for this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back