Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t deal Tanny at this point. If Levis is ever going to have a shot at being “the guy” in the future, I think it’s best if he sits a year behind a vet like Tanny and learns without being thrown into the fire.

Let’s be realistic here. We probably aren’t going anywhere this year, so I am starting to think it might not be a bad idea to trade Byard or even Henry if we can build up some draft capital for next year. Not sure either of those guys would help get us some decent picks in a trade or not though.

But we worked on the Oline this year, maybe a year from now Levis can be ready to take the reins. With enough draft capital a huge amount of cap space next year, we load up on weapons and hope that Levis can be “that guy” and get back to contention.
I get what you’re saying but disagree. We have Levis on a 4 year rookie deal and you’ve got to maximize that. Put him out there now. Sign some WRs to give him a chance. Keep Henry so he can lean on the run game until he is fully comfortable. Trade Tannehill for whatever you can get and load up next year.
I want to go into 2024 with an experienced Levis, tons of cap space to make moves, and more draft capital than we have now.

I get what you’re saying but disagree. We have Levis on a 4 year rookie deal and you’ve got to maximize that. Put him out there now. Sign some WRs to give him a chance. Keep Henry so he can lean on the run game until he is fully comfortable. Trade Tannehill for whatever you can get and load up next year.
I want to go into 2024 with an experienced Levis, tons of cap space to make moves, and more draft capital than we have now.
It depends on what type of “experience” Levis ends up getting. If he ends up getting thrown to wolves when he’s not ready and loses confidence, then he could be shot before he even gets out of the gate. The Oline is in a rebuild year and we really have no weapons for him. Doesn’t sound like we would be putting him a good position to succeed. He’s a second round pick, no pressure to get him on the field before he is ready.

Mahomes sat behind Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers sat, Tom Brady was a backup for Drew Bledsoe. I think there is something be said for letting a QB, especially one that needs some time to develop, sit and learn for a little bit.

With that said, if it’s late in the year and the season looks lost. I would throw Levis in then to get some game time experience like you are talking about.

Let him start the last 3-4 games after having almost a full season of sitting and learning to let him get some of that game time experience.

It depends on what type of “experience” Levis ends up getting. If he ends up getting thrown to wolves when he’s not ready and loses confidence, then he could be shot before he even gets out of the gate. The Oline is in a rebuild year and we really have no weapons for him. Doesn’t sound like we would be putting him a good position to succeed. He’s a second round pick, no pressure to get him on the field before he is ready.

Mahomes sat behind Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers sat, Tom Brady was a backup for Drew Bledsoe. I think there is something be said for letting a QB, especially one that needs some time to develop, sit and learn for a little bit.
I posted this in another thread but will summarize here. There are only 3 real examples of QBs who will start this year that sat their rookie seasons. Mahomes, Cousins (2012), Rodgers (2005).
There are 26 that started their rookie seasons.

I posted this in another thread but will summarize here. There are only 3 real examples of QBs who will start this year that sat their rookie seasons. Mahomes, Cousins (2012), Rodgers (2005).
There are 26 that started their rookie seasons.
Mahommes and Rogers alone make the case for sitting your rookie year. I would burn a year to get that kind of production.

From the article:

"Hasan spent the last three years with the Trojans but didn’t play in any games. He missed the entirety of the 2021 campaign after suffering a torn ACL."

Sounds like we found our GOAT!
If that means Get On A Train then yes lol

I read an article from thetennessean.com about Ryan Tannahill and the Titans not doing much to help him. Sorry I couldn’t post the web page address

Ryan Tannehill deserves better from the Tennessee Titans than this sloppy offseason | Estes

I read an article from thetennessean.com about Ryan Tannahill and the Titans not doing much to help him. Sorry I couldn’t post the web page address

Ryan Tannehill deserves better from the Tennessee Titans than this sloppy offseason | Estes
Not that I disagree, but Estes writes like an immature fan and not a professional.

Oh I remember.
Lawrence did improve from season 1 to season 2 as many QBs do, but I just don’t see anything that justifies the constant concern about him. He’s seems pretty average across the QB spectrum.

Im guessing it’s flashbacks to getting hammered by Manning and Luck. There’s just this curious worry that hangs out there if no QB within the division is really all that good. Like a void that some are desperate to fill.

Talent wise- he is certainly not average

6’6

Mobile

smart

Great arm

won a nc as a freshmen

He lost a yr because of urban meyer

But physically- allen, lawrence and herbert are as good as they come

Well, I mean.... he threw to NWI to end our season in 2020 AND 2021......... AJ Brown was wide open on the season ending int plays too....

So it's no less than he deserves......

Talent wise- he is certainly not average

6’6

Mobile

smart

Great arm

won a nc as a freshmen

He lost a yr because of urban meyer

But physically- allen, lawrence and herbert are as good as they come
Reads like a college scouting report.

when he produces better than average, then I’ll believe he’s better than average.
So far, absolutely nothing to fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back