Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a little lopsided to me in favor of Detroit but I don't know all the contract deals and how it will affect against the cap this upcoming year. I know Goff was way overpaid for just being mediocre.

Stafford is a baller, very glad he didn't go to the Colts as that would have been terrible for us. I do think the Rams overpaid! Detroit getting Goff and 2 first round picks and a third is nuts but if Rams make it to Superbowl and win then it's justified. We'll see...

Anyone know Staffords contract? I know Rams wanted to get off the hook on some 40mill guaranteed to Goff
Stafford has 2 yrs left on his deal at a cap hit of around 20mil a yr....the Rams have like 140mil dollars tied up in 6 players plus Gurley and Goff who still count against them

People are acting like they gave up all those picks for Stafford, but I think a lot of that was the cost of getting someone to take Goff. His contract is crippling.

Lions win because they get a ton of picks.
Rams win because they upgraded QB short term and got out of Goff's contract.

Lions can get out of Goff contact after 2 years without any dead money. Rams have Stafford for 2 years 43 million. I like the trade for both teams. Best part is he ain't going to the Colts. I said he wouldn't but was still worried lol.Stafford can now live closer to his long time best friend Clayton Kershaw

Lions wanted a 1st for Stafford.

So the Rams basically gave this year's 3rd and a future 1st (probably late) to get Stafford and gave another 1st to get them to take Goff.

I'm not sure this really means anything as far as raising the price to get Watson.

Just to understand, you are saying Watson will get less than the Stanford trade? Not questioning, just clarification request.
The original question was worded weird, I think it was in Australian.

I think he's saying that Watson fetches more than Stafford, aka 3 firsts.

Just to understand, you are saying Watson will get less than the Stanford trade? Not questioning, just clarification request.
The original question was worded weird, I think it was in Australian.

I think he's saying that Watson fetches more than Stafford, aka 3 firsts.

Lions wanted a 1st for Stafford.

So the Rams basically gave this year's 3rd and a future 1st (probably late) to get Stafford and gave another 1st to get them to take Goff.

I'm not sure this really means anything as far as raising the price to get Watson.
I think it sets a baseline of no less than 2 firsts to get him. They need players too, so it may well be a blend of picks and players like this deal.

As stated before, in 2 years the lions are out of the Goff contract with no dead money. First round picks in 2022 and 2023 and this years 3rd round pick is crazy. For a 33 year old qb that has back issues and lets be honest has issues with turnovers ( how many pick 6's has he thrown in his career? 23 7th all time in NFL history!)

This means the Rams will have not had a first round pick in 7 straight years. And it all started with Jeff Fisher trading with us to get Goff in 2016!

As stated before, in 2 years the lions are out of the Goff contract with no dead money. First round picks in 2022 and 2023 and this years 3rd round pick is crazy. For a 33 year old qb that has back issues and lets be honest has issues with turnovers ( how many pick 6's has he thrown in his career? 23 7th all time in NFL history!)

This means the Rams will have not had a first round pick in 7 straight years. And it all started with Jeff Fisher trading with us to get Goff in 2016!
Remember who he played with....the worst NFL franchise, and still managed to have a very good career. Rams are a real SB contender now.

no I’m saying that the Rams would’ve offered more to get Watson if they felt he was worth more. They chose Stanford because they values him at the deal more than they or (presumably) other interested teams would. In short, Rams picking Stanford and not Watson could be considered Watsons market value.

no I’m saying that the Rams would’ve offered more to get Watson if they felt he was worth more. They chose Stanford because they values him at the deal more than they or (presumably) other interested teams would. In short, Rams picking Stanford and not Watson could be considered Watsons market value.
That's not entirely true. Rams could've offered Texans more for Watson (than what they did Lions and Stafford), and been declined by the Texans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back