Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
no I’m saying that the Rams would’ve offered more to get Watson if they felt he was worth more. They chose Stanford because they values him at the deal more than they or (presumably) other interested teams would. In short, Rams picking Stanford and not Watson could be considered Watsons market value.
What more do they have to offer? Another future 1st? At some point future 1sts 3 or 4 years out don’t have much value. Rams had no first to offer this year and Texans need a first this year.

What more do they have to offer? Another future 1st? At some point future 1sts 3 or 4 years out don’t have much value. Rams had no first to offer this year and Texans need a first this year.
Miami about the boy team that fits but they don’t need Watson THAT bad. So not really a win now team that can afford Watson IMO. THats why I think unlikely to get as much as asking.

Interesting to see in the NBA 1sts being dealed in trades 6+ years out.

The texans could not take the Goff cap hit, but Watson is a way better qb than Stafford and it is not even close. Had the rams gotten watson on this trade it was a homerun.

Getting 33 yr qb with some back injury history and giving up 2 firsts and a third is not. Yes Detroit has been a bad team but Stafford did have Mega-tron for many years. 0-3 in post season and he has blown as many games as come backs. He does lead the Detroit ( a very old and storied) franchise in career fumbles by a wide margin 68 and leads the franchise in career Int 144. And again he is number 7 all time in Nfl history in pick 6's with 23.

I just do not see him as a missing piece to a super bowl but maybe I am wrong. They better get it done in the next 2 years, the draft picks will catch up sooner rather than later.

As stated before, in 2 years the lions are out of the Goff contract with no dead money. First round picks in 2022 and 2023 and this years 3rd round pick is crazy. For a 33 year old qb that has back issues and lets be honest has issues with turnovers ( how many pick 6's has he thrown in his career? 23 7th all time in NFL history!)

This means the Rams will have not had a first round pick in 7 straight years. And it all started with Jeff Fisher trading with us to get Goff in 2016!

Lions can cut Goff before March and not owe him anything in 2022.

You always ask for more than you expect to get. This will be interesting to watch it play out. I won’t be as shocked as some to see them work it out and he stays. These situations are hard to predict and anything can happen. That said, Watson has made to quite challenging to keep him around.

What is the real purpose of dead cap? It’s so stupid. Teams should be allowed to cut or trade people whenever they want. If they cut a guy under contract, they still have to pay them unless someone else signs em. Boom. Would open up all kinds of fun shuffling.

What is the real purpose of dead cap? It’s so stupid. Teams should be allowed to cut or trade people whenever they want. If they cut a guy under contract, they still have to pay them unless someone else signs em. Boom. Would open up all kinds of fun shuffling.
No, theyve already paid them.

Deadcap has to exist as long as teams are allowed to stretch out how they pay players their bonuses.

Say a team pays a player $40M signing bonus to sign on the spot. The NFL allows teams to stretch that 40M over the length of the contract. So if the player is cut before the final year then deadcap kicks in because that 40M is already out the door and has to be accounted somehow.

Its all an accounting thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back