Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two worst teams I’ve ever seen play in a Super Bowl. Want to thank Todd Downing once again for throwing the Titans’ Lombardi Trophy in the garbage. Amazing he’s still the OC. Gonna be another frustrating season coming up.

I cant remember 1 play from that super bowl other than the 75 yard TDs pass where the Bengal got open my doing a neck breaker to Jalen Ramsey. Both those teams weren't really that good

Damn, this hurts seeing the Rams barely win with the way they played, because the Titans would have stomped this Rams team…again.

Well, at least we got one of the greatest halftime shows in Super Bowl history.

Two worst teams I’ve ever seen play in a Super Bowl. Want to thank Todd Downing once again for throwing the Titans’ Lombardi Trophy in the garbage. Amazing he’s still the OC. Gonna be another frustrating season coming up.

Then don’t watch. I’m not sure why you do since it’s so clear you are a much better coach and talent evaluator than anyone on the Titans staff. It must be so frustrating to watch mere mortals attempt to do that thing you are so perfect at doing.

Logan Wilson was an absolute heat seeking missile all night. Had a great game. Gutted for him that soft hold got called.

Refs called the game in a totally different (& consistent) fashion for 59 mins until that point. Then the biggest moment at the end of the game . 3rd and goal and you get a ticky tack soft call which makes a TD an almost certainty... just frustrating as a fan of the game.

Seems your luck is either in or not in the big moments.

Logan Wilson was an absolute heat seeking missile all night. Had a great game. Gutted for him that soft hold got called.

Refs called the game in a totally different (& consistent) fashion for 59 mins until that point. Then the biggest moment at the end of the game . 3rd and goal and you get a ticky tack soft call which makes a TD an almost certainty... just frustrating as a fan of the game.

Thought the same thing. That 3rd down penalty was super weak considering what was allowed to go on all game.

The plan for the Rams to win wouldn't work without that BS call. I hate it for the Bengals. NFL against small market teams. always.

It doesn't take a football genius to see that Downing was pretty real bad at play calling in the Titans loss to the Bengals.

Downing has had his moments, and I'm not going to act like I could personally do a better job, but it's not hard for me to see a drop-off in our play calling from when Arthur Smith was here.

A combination of three people cost us that game: Downing (offensive play calling, not giving the ball to the hot hand (Foreman) more), Vrabel (idiotic 2-pt conversion attempt), and Tannehill (tunnel-vision passing).

Then don’t watch. I’m not sure why you do since it’s so clear you are a much better coach and talent evaluator than anyone on the Titans staff. It must be so frustrating to watch mere mortals attempt to do that thing you are so perfect at doing.
This coming from the guy that’s wanted Downing fired the last few weeks? You don’t even make sense sometimes.

I looked at this thread yesterday and I didn’t even wanna face it. Those Bengals should not be there. We shoulda taken care of them. With that said, it was mostly a poop game.

The plan for the Rams to win wouldn't work without that BS call. I hate it for the Bengals. NFL against small market teams. always.

Bengals would have been losing at that point without the 75 yard TD to Higgins where he grabs Ramsey's facemask. So there were bad calls throughout the game on both sides. This one only stands out because it's at the end of the game.

And while this call was a nitpicky, Wilson did indeed grab him. I don't think it should have been called, but I've seen worse calls.

Last edited by a moderator:
if that line held up .5 sec longer ; Bengals champs. Ramsey fell down. Literally a game of inches and a seconds longer …
View attachment 19375

Burrrow wasn't looking that way though. Possible he could have gone through his reads and saw him, but Ramsey probably had help over the top too that might have saved a TD.

Most likely, he was looking to go to Uzomah, who had a bit of space and was a couple yards past the 1st down marker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back