Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got in from Super Bowl. If you’ve never been it’s really not much different energy wise than a playoff game. Half time show the only real difference. It’s impressive how fast the can build and tear down stage.

I honestly would think the energy of a playoff game is way more intense and has more energy than a SB. I get NFL London vibes during a SB, as it's just a bunch of neutral fans, celebrities, families of the players and company executives. The real deal fans get priced out of the SB.

I think this situation specifically was argued a few years back on two feet, possession, and “football move”.
I knew it was getting called back because he hadn’t put the ball away. Clearly possession and 2 feet as he was turning but the ball was still kind of out there in his hands.

Not really a fan of that description for possession, but that was what I saw.

I think the reviewers require a "football move" that only occurs after a completed act of "possession" and it is tied to the concept of hitting a "defenseless" receiver. In this case, he had not completed the act of securing the ball before a football move started. At the game, the replays showed it really was not a possession before he started a "football move". He was actually trying to avoid getting clocked.

I honestly would think the energy of a playoff game is way more intense and has more energy than a SB. I get NFL London vibes during a SB, as it's just a bunch of neutral fans, celebrities, families of the players and company executives. The real deal fans get priced out of the SB.

I have to say, it really isn't my scene. Very casual fans taking millions of selfies, wannabe internet celebrities, ridiculously high priced everything. During the game, nobody around me knew much (if anything) about the rules. And nobody was really bothered about the holding call at the end when it had been happening all game.

The only way I'd ever go again is if the Titans make it. Problem is, to get a decent seat, you have to commit at the start of the season unless you have a connection with box seats at the stadium.

I think the reviewers require a "football move" that only occurs after a completed act of "possession" and it is tied to the concept of hitting a "defenseless" receiver. In this case, he had not completed the act of securing the ball before a football move started. At the game, the replays showed it really was not a possession before he started a "football move". He was actually trying to avoid getting clocked.
I thought he was pretty unexpecting of the hit.

I would make the argument on the rule, I think he 100% caught the ball and had possession but the rule adds the “process” which I agree, he got hit while in the process.
That goes back to some of the more infamous “drops” like Dez Bryant of Calvin Johnson. Both were absolutely catches but because of the wording of the rule, gotta call them incomplete.

I thought he was pretty unexpecting of the hit.

I would make the argument on the rule, I think he 100% caught the ball and had possession but the rule adds the “process” which I agree, he got hit while in the process.
That goes back to some of the more infamous “drops” like Dez Bryant of Calvin Johnson. Both were absolutely catches but because of the wording of the rule, gotta call them incomplete.
It's too bad it takes away from a good defensive hit...hurts the defensive player for being too quick to the ball...which was also a football move

It's too bad it takes away from a good defensive hit...hurts the defensive player for being too quick to the ball...which was also a football move

It is all because the rules of contact and QB protection have been altered to heavily promote scoring and offense. Casual fans of the game love good offense more than defense. (Basketball over "Soccer")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back