Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vaccaro will be cut. 100% certain of that. 5.4 million in cap space

One of Adoree/Butler will either be restructed or cut. Maybe both. I think at least 10 million is saved here. Personally, I would cut Adoree and restructure Butler to push more money to next year and pay him less than 10 million in 2021.

On the OL we have Jones, Saffold, and Lewan as candidates to be restructured. As far as Jones, I sort of doubt we part ways with our starting C who is arguably coming off the his best season. But this would be 6.25 million in savings.

Saffold likewise seems unlikely to be cut given his cap hit. He also performed very well last season. But with his age and the emergence of Brewer, Saffold's days seem numbered in a Titan uni. He could possibly be a trade candidate. I don't expect it, but it's a possibility. Would be 7.5 million saved against the cap if we cut him.

Lewan could also be restructured/extended. Will not be cut. Potential to save 3-4 million if restructured.

Hump will most certainly be cut after June 1 to save another 7ish million.

We'll also cut a few roster guys making around 1 million that we can replace easily with draft picks and UDFAs, and likely save another 1-2 million

I imagine we plan on having having roughly 25-30 million in caproom, maybe more depending on what happens with Adoree and Butler. If we were to move on from both of them, we'd have 35-40 million in cap room at least.

I disagree on some of your player opinions. But you are spot on. They can clear cap space in a hurry if they want or need to. The Cap isn’t a problem for this team. If we were already $30 million in the hole that’s a different thing. We aren’t.

I think this will be a defining off-season for JR. He proves he is top level or average. I am eager to see what he does to get our roster another notch in quality and hope we don’t see anything close to last season’s whiffs.

Steelers go from being under or at the cap to $30M over in a day. This is an example that if you work things a certain way, the cap is almost irrelevant. In the end though it catches up with you. It's like trading in upside down constantly on a car.

Steelers go from being under or at the cap to $30M over in a day. This is an example that if you work things a certain way, the cap is almost irrelevant. In the end though it catches up with you. It's like trading in upside down constantly on a car.

Steelers were about $22 million over. Never were they under or at the cap. With the Pouncey retirement they are now only $15 Million over the cap. Now if Ben retires or restructures which he almost has too then they can be in decent shape,

I agree with you on the rest though.

The GMs have the upper hand this offseason because of the decreased cap. They will be able to get guys to restructure because no veteran wants to get cut and forced to take a small 1 yr prove it deal. I imagine there will be quite a few June 1st designations handed out as well. The top guys will get their money, but then it dries up quick for those 2nd tier guys.

Most of the time when guys restructure they don’t lose any money....I could see Hump restructuring and taking less money to avoid hitting the market

The GMs have the upper hand this offseason because of the decreased cap. They will be able to get guys to restructure because no veteran wants to get cut and forced to take a small 1 yr prove it deal. I imagine there will be quite a few June 1st designations handed out as well. The top guys will get their money, but then it dries up quick for those 2nd tier guys.

Most of the time when guys restructure they don’t lose any money....I could see Hump restructuring and taking less money to avoid hitting the market
Often it just a matter of semantics. Roster Bonus is counted differently than Signing Bonus. Sometimes a restructure is just moving a Roster Bonus over to the Signing Bonus column. Doing so does usually jack up the ensuing salary hit, but this season, probably will have little effect.

JRs summary on CD and Jonnu free agency:
We will be competitive with offers to CD and Jonnu. If they want to get the most, we wish them well. they have done everything asked of them.

Pouncey retired is how they did that.

I disagree on some of your player opinions. But you are spot on. They can clear cap space in a hurry if they want or need to. The Cap isn’t a problem for this team. If we were already $30 million in the hole that’s a different thing. We aren’t.
Crazy to me that NO is $70 million OVER to start the offseason.

Would be good to keep Davis and Jonnu, keep the offense intact...unfortunately both are replacable...King needs to be re-signed, Clowney owes us 9 games, if he comes cheap ok
Based on their numbers I would rather keep jonnu+king rather than king+clowney which would actually save us 3.5 million. Let the ratbirds pay CD 16 mill though, I wouldn't lose sleep over that.

Based on their numbers I would rather keep jonnu+king rather than king+clowney which would actually save us 3.5 million. Let the ratbirds pay CD 16 mill though, I wouldn't lose sleep over that.
Not looking at numbers, I'd rather keep Davis and King...can't see Davis getting 16 mil...not with Robinson, Hilton and MJones available too

Not looking at numbers, I'd rather keep Davis and King...can't see Davis getting 16 mil...not with Robinson, Hilton and MJones available too
I think from a depth point, what we already have on the roster and signed, that makes sense too.
Cap numbers could make those two difficult.
From what I see, King is the top priority of those 4 and if the other 3 are gone, so be it. Clowney just needs to be gone.

I think from a depth point, what we already have on the roster and signed, that makes sense too.
Cap numbers could make those two difficult.
From what I see, King is the top priority of those 4 and if the other 3 are gone, so be it. Clowney just needs to be gone.
Agree on King, don't care about Clowney unless he's cheap and actually does something this time.
I like Davis, and like I've said many times lol, I hope he stays. The rapport with Tannehill and I don't think we can get a better #2...draft a #3 and get rid of Humphries if capwise possible

My plan would be to cut Vaccaro and dont go after ANY top tier FA. Just get the 2bd wave at the discount. Try and keep as many of our guys that we can as cheaply as we can. Dont be desperate and kick the salary can down the road. Finally, do a much better job at drafting than last year. We CAN'T have another year like last years draft. Between the draft and FA last year I give us an F-, was the worst job done by any GM from any team in years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back