Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
elfinmagic53 said:
Erm, Gunny, you don't understand depression, do you? His infamous weight lifting on his driveway when the Eagles suspended him was classic symptoms of depression.

When he's in a crowd, his behavior is excessive, over the top. When he's just one on one with someone, he totally shuts down.

the good ole DSM-IV-TR will help us out.

Criteria for depression:

- Sad, Depressed mood, most of the day, nearly every day for two weeks or loss of interest and pleasure in the usual activities, plus at least 4 of the following:

- Difficulties in sleeping (insomnia); not falling asleep initially, not returning to sleep after awakening in the middle of the night, and early morning awakenings; or, in some patients. a desire to sleep a great deal of the time.

- Shift in activity level, becoming either lethargic (psychomotor retardation) or agitated.

- Poor appetite and weight loss, or increased appetite and weight gain.

- Loss of energy, great fatigue.

- Negative self concept, self reproach and self-blame; feelings of worthlessness and guilt

- Complaints or evidence of difficulty in concentrating, such as slow thinking and indecisiveness

- Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide.

Now I aint a psychologist, but I did study psychology and the DSM is the world renown psychology book, I also do not know T.O but a lot of the criteria doesn't seem to fit his personality (especially the self-blame part).

He sounds more narcissistic or histrionic more so then depressed.

although u can find any disorder in the DSM, read the criteria and think you have it.

Gunny said:
the good ole DSM-IV-TR will help us out.

Criteria for depression:

- Sad, Depressed mood, most of the day, nearly every day for two weeks or loss of interest and pleasure in the usual activities, plus at least 4 of the following:

- Difficulties in sleeping (insomnia); not falling asleep initially, not returning to sleep after awakening in the middle of the night, and early morning awakenings; or, in some patients. a desire to sleep a great deal of the time.

- Shift in activity level, becoming either lethargic (psychomotor retardation) or agitated.

- Poor appetite and weight loss, or increased appetite and weight gain.

- Loss of energy, great fatigue.

- Negative self concept, self reproach and self-blame; feelings of worthlessness and guilt

- Complaints or evidence of difficulty in concentrating, such as slow thinking and indecisiveness

- Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide.

Now I aint a psychologist, but I did study psychology and the DSM is the world renown psychology book, I also do not know T.O but a lot of the criteria doesn't seem to fit his personality (especially the self-blame part).

He sounds more narcissistic or histrionic more so then depressed.

although u can find any disorder in the DSM, read the criteria and think you have it.
Gunny, I am a psychiatric nurse practicioner. Depression isn't quite so succint. Also, I do know Terrell Owens on a personal level. His mood is often very dark, his sleeping patterns are out of whack. He'll be up at 3 or 4 in the morning, calling his friends at weird hours of the night.

Anywho, trust me, if you were around Terrell for any amount of time, you would immediately see that he exhibits the classic signs of depression.

I am not saying your wrong, as I said I'm not a shrink and i dont know T.O.

I was just comparing the criteria for Depression vs. the T.O we know, it just doesnt seem like it is depression.

While I didn't study clinical psychology, it is my firm belief that while TO may well suffer from depressions, they're not the cause of why he is acting the way he is.

Serious bipolar disorder could possibly be the explanation, except BD fluctuates between stages, whereas TO seems to be stuck in the Hypomania or Mania stages. But as I was taught, BD is not be confused with ADHD or evidence of personality problems. Now I'm fairly sure TO doesn't have ADHD, so that leaves personality problems...

Gunny said:
Maybe he's an arsonist, he loves to burn his bridges...(yeah that was lame)

ahh the classic aussie wit that has brought us such classic comedies as... errr... well... ahh... nevermind... I liked WaterRats though :))

Vigsted said:
While I didn't study clinical psychology, it is my firm belief that while TO may well suffer from depressions, they're not the cause of why he is acting the way he is.

Serious bipolar disorder could possibly be the explanation, except BD fluctuates between stages, whereas TO seems to be stuck in the Hypomania or Mania stages. But as I was taught, BD is not be confused with ADHD or evidence of personality problems. Now I'm fairly sure TO doesn't have ADHD, so that leaves personality problems...
Sigh. As I've stated, I know Terrell on a personal level. Anyone who knows him knows that T.O. is his "stage" personality and Terrell is the real man. His depression and social inadequacies is what caused the problems in Philadelphia. Those that are closest to him, i.e., his fiance Felisha Terrell (he dated her because her last name is his first name), and Kim Ethredge, his assistant won't get him to confront his issues.

Drew isn't much help, either!

elfinmagic53 said:
Nope, personally, I don't like him at all. He's mean and obnoxious for absolutely no reason at all. He never chills out on the whole shark-y agent persona:sad2:

lol, not many people like him...especially GMs.

Gunny said:
man, elfinmagic53 loves me. She just won't admit it. :brow:
Every night before I close my eyes to sleep, I murmur "Gunny" over and over and hope that I wake up beside him....:sad2: :irked:

elfinmagic53 said:
Every night before I close my eyes to sleep, I murmur "Gunny" over and over and hope that I wake up beside him....:sad2: :irked:

you and half the population of Australia. :brow:

only one girl is the lucky one.

when.jpg

Elf and Gunny. :brow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back