Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I’ll take Marshall over Bateman all day long at 22. Marshall has had tremendous production the last 2 yrs.....sure he has played with other incredible WRs in Jefferson and Chase, but this yr he was not helped out by them and he still put up great numbers...he has experience playing outside and also in the slot and has been productive from both.

LSU is known as DBU(defensive back University) well IMO this has been a symbiotic relationship...the stud WRs are practicing against stud CBs and make each other better.

Marshall is a solid 6’2.5” 205lbs while Bateman was listed as 6’2” but actually only came in at 6’ at his pro day....Marshall’s wingspan is 2” longer than Bateman and also Corey Davis.

Josh Reynolds has plenty of experience playing inside in the slot....so if we draft Marshall then in 3 WR sets Reynolds can be the guy to drop into the slot...this would give us 3 physical WRs on the field...

If Brown were to sustain an injury then we would still have 2 guys to play on the outside...I would also draft a slot wr in the 4th rnd as a solid one will be available then

The Titans offense is clearly what carried them this season and they will need to do so again. So if none of the top WR/CBs fall to 22 then I take Marshall in the 1st and then BPA at CB/Edge in the 2nd and with our 2 3rds go best CB/Edge that we didn’t take in rnd 2 and then draft a center with our comp 3rd and in the 4th go slot WR.

I wouldn't be mad at drafting Marshall at #22. He definitely has the tools to be an NFL #1 WR. So a potential #1 WR playing as our #2 would be a great idea.

You have a lot of LSU alums that swear by Marshall and think he can be special. So if he's there, I would take him.

Not the direction I wanted to go. But, I would not be upset to get him. I read somewhere that he does an excellent job blocking in the run game as well as being a good receiver.

I love Bateman, but would love to get Terrace. Only problem I have is that theres some good round 2 WRs and the dropoff from Bateman/Terrace to them isnt big enough to justify drafting these guys round 1 IMO

I love Bateman, but would love to get Terrace. Only problem I have is that theres some good round 2 WRs and the dropoff from Bateman/Terrace to them isnt big enough to justify drafting these guys round 1 IMO

I have to disagree about the drop off not being that big between Marshall and the guys you can get in the 2nd rnd...Marshall has the size speed to be an elite #1WR...I don’t see that in many other guys in this draft...I do see a ton of depth in the slot style WR...IMO the type of WR you can get in the 2nd this yr can be gotten in the 4th.

Would prefer we go CB at #22 as I see that as our most talent deficit position from a long term standpoint. But we definitely need a WR within the first two rounds, and Marshall would be a very good complement to AJB.

If the top CB selections are gone by our pick, and a top tier WR is there, I'm all for it.

I have to disagree about the drop off not being that big between Marshall and the guys you can get in the 2nd rnd...Marshall has the size speed to be an elite #1WR...I don’t see that in many other guys in this draft...I do see a ton of depth in the slot style WR...IMO the type of WR you can get in the 2nd this yr can be gotten in the 4th.
I like Terrace alot and agree he has alpha qualities. Wouldnt hate the pick at all. I just think WR is deep in the draft unlike some other positions we still need.

Wide receiver is deep, but it is a lot of 5'8" slot dudes.
Agreed. I wouldn't mind taking one of these slot guys but not in the 1st. I'd prefer Shi Smith in the 4th or 5th over Rondale/Elijah Moore in the 1st.

Even if we go WR early, I still think if there's one of those good slot guys available later we could double up at WR.

Marshall would be a great pick if we didn’t have such a glaring need at CB and Pass Rusher. Considering we’re a running team and already have a #1 in AJ Brown, the dropoff in WR talent from round 1 to someone like Dyami Brown in the 3rd doesn’t warrant the high pick for our WR3.

WR might be the best position at #22 unless a top CB falls. I'd take Bateman or Marshall. Both look like solid value and have the size and skill set to be a quality #2 or better. Either one could surpass Davis in play making ability.

Bateman and then AS Jr in the 2nd. We've had multiple meetings with both.
It is completely blowing my mind that all these elite CB's I watched growing up are having their sons entering the NFL now, and they're all named after their dads:

Asante Samuel Jr
Patrick Surtain II
Antoine Winfield II

It's not like they've been out of the league that long either! Samuel Sr last played in 2013, Winfield Sr in 2012, and Surtain Sr in 2008.

That said, if AS Jr is on the board and we don't take him with our 2nd pick, I'm going to tweet very angry things at JRob.

I would have to go corner if Horn, Farley, or even Greg Newsome if they are there at 22. But I would have no problem with Marshall or Bateman at WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back