Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It always seems when I have a player in mind like that the team immediately in front of us takes him 9 out of 10 times. This year it’s the Colts so that would be double the pain.
So just have a sh*tty player in mind....Colts take him, problem solved

I’ll take Marshall over Bateman all day long at 22. Marshall has had tremendous production the last 2 yrs.....sure he has played with other incredible WRs in Jefferson and Chase, but this yr he was not helped out by them and he still put up great numbers...he has experience playing outside and also in the slot and has been productive from both.

LSU is known as DBU(defensive back University) well IMO this has been a symbiotic relationship...the stud WRs are practicing against stud CBs and make each other better.

Marshall is a solid 6’2.5” 205lbs while Bateman was listed as 6’2” but actually only came in at 6’ at his pro day....Marshall’s wingspan is 2” longer than Bateman and also Corey Davis.

Josh Reynolds has plenty of experience playing inside in the slot....so if we draft Marshall then in 3 WR sets Reynolds can be the guy to drop into the slot...this would give us 3 physical WRs on the field...

If Brown were to sustain an injury then we would still have 2 guys to play on the outside...I would also draft a slot wr in the 4th rnd as a solid one will be available then

The Titans offense is clearly what carried them this season and they will need to do so again. So if none of the top WR/CBs fall to 22 then I take Marshall in the 1st and then BPA at CB/Edge in the 2nd and with our 2 3rds go best CB/Edge that we didn’t take in rnd 2 and then draft a center with our comp 3rd and in the 4th go slot WR.
Kadarius toney is going to be a stud and we need his speed on offense.

Kadarius toney is going to be a stud and we need his speed on offense.

Toney does have crazy quickness, but he is more of a slot WR. Rarely did he actually line up outside. I want a guy who could possibly be a #1 if I'm taking them in the 1st.

He probably needs to go to a team that is a little more inventive on offense to use his skill set to the fullest.

Toney does have crazy quickness, but he is more of a slot WR. Rarely did he actually line up outside. I want a guy who could possibly be a #1 if I'm taking them in the 1st.

He probably needs to go to a team that is a little more inventive on offense to use his skill set to the fullest.
We need a really good shifty receiver. Haven't had one since mason

We need a really good shifty receiver. Haven't had one since mason

I agree but this draft is loaded with those guys...can get one later in the draft....

My feeling is we loaded up on defense in FA....help Henry/Tanny out by taking advantage of the depth of this draft at WR. I will honestly be surprised if we don't draft at least 2 WRs.... a guy who can play both outside and inside and then another guy who is more of a slot/returner type

I’ll take Marshall over Bateman all day long at 22. Marshall has had tremendous production the last 2 yrs.....sure he has played with other incredible WRs in Jefferson and Chase, but this yr he was not helped out by them and he still put up great numbers...he has experience playing outside and also in the slot and has been productive from both.

LSU is known as DBU(defensive back University) well IMO this has been a symbiotic relationship...the stud WRs are practicing against stud CBs and make each other better.

Marshall is a solid 6’2.5” 205lbs while Bateman was listed as 6’2” but actually only came in at 6’ at his pro day....Marshall’s wingspan is 2” longer than Bateman and also Corey Davis.

Josh Reynolds has plenty of experience playing inside in the slot....so if we draft Marshall then in 3 WR sets Reynolds can be the guy to drop into the slot...this would give us 3 physical WRs on the field...

If Brown were to sustain an injury then we would still have 2 guys to play on the outside...I would also draft a slot wr in the 4th rnd as a solid one will be available then

The Titans offense is clearly what carried them this season and they will need to do so again. So if none of the top WR/CBs fall to 22 then I take Marshall in the 1st and then BPA at CB/Edge in the 2nd and with our 2 3rds go best CB/Edge that we didn’t take in rnd 2 and then draft a center with our comp 3rd and in the 4th go slot WR.

Just finished watching him

Dude looks completely uninterested in blocking.

If you're coming to Tennessee, your blocking technique and drive is only 1 step down from your catching the ball..

Just finished watching him

Dude looks completely uninterested in blocking.

If you're coming to Tennessee, your blocking technique and drive is only 1 step down from your catching the ball..

Yeah. He's a bad blocker. He is physical with the ball in the air and with the ball in his hands, so I think he has it in him.

Wonder what it would take to bring him in, dont think it'd cost a first at this point. Most mocks i see have them drafting Pitts it seems

I've seen Pitts mostly to them or Miami at 6...they could go Chase at 4 as well...I don't know what it would take as far draft pick? I can't imagine it being a 1 or 2...injuries have been a factor lately

Wonder what it would take to bring him in, dont think it'd cost a first at this point. Most mocks i see have them drafting Pitts it seems
Should have traded them Corey Davis after we declined his 5th year option and it was clear we weren't keeping him...no comp pick for him anyways

I've been wondering this too since the rumors have been going around that they want to trade him. He's 32 so not sure I'd give up a 1st, but I'd give up our 2nd all day.

On Julio, Atlanta is going to take a big CAP hit on dead money even if they save the $15 mil salary for Julio and of course we have to come up with $15 mil of CAP room. Even thinking about this makes almost zero sense because obviously Atlanta is going to want our 1st or minimum out 2nd (53) to make the deal worth it for them. Their thinking is to scam some team where they can get a high level WR on a rookie salary.

Our best bet if we are going to do any trading is to see if we can drop down about 10 spots getting us another pick or two in the top 100 and/or a 2nd round pick next year. We can still get basically the same player unless Farley, Parsons or someone like that falls to us at 22.

At 32 we can still get Marshall, Toney or Elijah Moore. We would also have a pick or two extra to draft a guy like Tremble who will probably go before 85.

On Julio, Atlanta is going to take a big CAP hit on dead money even if they save the $15 mil salary for Julio and of course we have to come up with $15 mil of CAP room. Even thinking about this makes almost zero sense because obviously Atlanta is going to want our 1st or minimum out 2nd (53) to make the deal worth it for them. Their thinking is to scam some team where they can get a high level WR on a rookie salary.
Kuharsky was saying that after June 1st, the Falcons can actually divide up the salary hit with whatever team trades for Jones. But that also means, if they wait until after June 1st, it would be future picks that someone would have to trade for him and not 2021 picks.

No for me on Marshall. I'd rather not take a WR at 22 unless one of the top 3 fall. But if we were to take one, I'd go with Elijah Moore.

Kuharsky was saying that after June 1st, the Falcons can actually divide up the salary hit with whatever team trades for Jones. But that also means, if they wait until after June 1st, it would be future picks that someone would have to trade for him and not 2021 picks.

True if we could work that out with the Falcons it would remove some of the burden on the CAP for us and still provide them some breathing room. I still am not sure I want to give them what they will want. We would also still need to make room for whatever salary we take on. I guess it comes down to if we want to win it all this year and throw caution into the wind. It potentially frees up a 1st or 2nd round pick we would have used on a WR for another position.

I'm not sure it works out very well anytime you use extensive resources on an aging player. So often they underperform or stay injured. Luckily 32 isn't as old for a WR as other positions.

OK, we drafted Marshall or maybe a better version in Fitzpatrick.
Prove me wrong. Go watch Fitzpatrick's tape and he has as much speed, great ball tracking and hands, runs crisp routes, maybe better than Davis after a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back