Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree if there is not a difference maker there, trade down but I have a feeling with all qb's going there will be more than one difference maker still there at 22.

If there isn't a difference maker, why would someone give up something good to move up?
I could see a team move up for Najee Harris...both the Jets and Steelers need RB....so a guy that wouldn’t be a difference maker for the Titans but certainly could be for another team....if a QB falls then a team might want to jump the Steelers

It is completely blowing my mind that all these elite CB's I watched growing up are having their sons entering the NFL now, and they're all named after their dads:

Asante Samuel Jr
Patrick Surtain II
Antoine Winfield II

It's not like they've been out of the league that long either! Samuel Sr last played in 2013, Winfield Sr in 2012, and Surtain Sr in 2008.

That said, if AS Jr is on the board and we don't take him with our 2nd pick, I'm going to tweet very angry things at JRob.

I am willing to bet alot of the sons of DB's we've known these 2 decades will have II or Jr attached to them.

I could see a team move up for Najee Harris...both the Jets and Steelers need RB....so a guy that wouldn’t be a difference maker for the Titans but certainly could be for another team....if a QB falls then a team might want to jump the Steelers

I could happen. I just hate when fans get in Madden mode and think any pick can automatically pull above chart value for a trade.

Najee feels like the kind of guy that the media has top 20 and he goes 2nd round, kinda like Swift and Taylor.

I could happen. I just hate when fans get in Madden mode and think any pick can automatically pull above chart value for a trade.

Najee feels like the kind of guy that the media has top 20 and he goes 2nd round, kinda like Swift and Taylor.
Very easy to get into Madden mode and just think trades can easily be pulled off.

I have seen very few mocks that have a RB off the board early. I think Harris is going to be a true superstar in the NFL. He has plenty of tread on his tires as this past yr was his highest usage and he only had like 215 carries. His lowest ypc is 5.8 He has the size, speed, vision and footwork that will lead to success as long as he has the work ethic.

I could see the Chargers, Cardinals or Fins take him in the first to help out there young QBs with a running game. I honestly could see the Falcons trade back from the 4 spot for a haul of picks and then have Arthur Smith land his Derrick Henry.

I’m not a guy who loves every Bama player, but I do think Harris is special in a weak RB class

Very easy to get into Madden mode and just think trades can easily be pulled off.

I have seen very few mocks that have a RB off the board early. I think Harris is going to be a true superstar in the NFL. He has plenty of tread on his tires as this past yr was his highest usage and he only had like 215 carries. His lowest ypc is 5.8 He has the size, speed, vision and footwork that will lead to success as long as he has the work ethic.

I could see the Chargers, Cardinals or Fins take him in the first to help out there young QBs with a running game. I honestly could see the Falcons trade back from the 4 spot for a haul of picks and then have Arthur Smith land his Derrick Henry.

I’m not a guy who loves every Bama player, but I do think Harris is special in a weak RB class

Yeah, I think Harris is great. And I can see someone taking him in the 1st. But I have a hard time seeing someone trading into the first to take him at 22 when there will be premium position guys on the board there.

Chances are good a high quality player at CB or WR (maybe edge or OT) will be there. Only way I trade down is if multiple player we like are there and we can be safe still getting one a few picks later.

Chances are good a high quality player at CB or WR (maybe edge or OT) will be there. Only way I trade down is if multiple player we like are there and we can be safe still getting one a few picks later.
Depends on the placement of the picks as well as the haul for me. At 22 the very best guys are off most likely. If we pick up two 2nds with one being high, I’m comfortable we can get some impact players. Hard to speculate until you see who is there at 22 though. I wouldn’t trade down just for the sake of doing it without a plan.

It is completely blowing my mind that all these elite CB's I watched growing up are having their sons entering the NFL now, and they're all named after their dads:

Asante Samuel Jr
Patrick Surtain II
Antoine Winfield II

It's not like they've been out of the league that long either! Samuel Sr last played in 2013, Winfield Sr in 2012, and Surtain Sr in 2008.

That said, if AS Jr is on the board and we don't take him with our 2nd pick, I'm going to tweet very angry things at JRob.
Tee Martin hasnt played since 2003 but his son Amari Rodgers as well in this draft

Amari Rodgers is one of my favorites if we don't go WR in the first. He is built like a RB and can get open in a phone booth. Far superior to a midget speed guy we might get later. He can play slot with Reynolds being the #2 and will probably play early.

Really depends on what drops to us and if it is a value at CB or WR. If it is a WR who can basically replace Davis with some #1 traits or a CB who can plug and play on the outside. A guy like Rodgers potentially in the 2nd would make me lean CB if the value is about equal in the first. We have proven WRs can be found in the 2nd round but CBs maybe a little less likely.

Saw a great mock draft using the pff simulator and was almost ideal. We had a trade offer to drop to #32 also giving up our 126 but getting two additional picks in the top 100. Long story short we still took Marshall.

Marshall, Toney and Moore were all available so dropping down was a great idea. Also still had a couple of other non WRs worthy of consideration but the better CBs were gone. We took Marshall and then Jaelan Phillips at 40 (can't pass value and worth the risk). Also took Tyson Campbell with our next pick (CB). Also got Tommie Trembell at TE and Brady Christianson at OT. I'll take that.

Saw a great mock draft using the pff simulator and was almost ideal. We had a trade offer to drop to #32 also giving up our 126 but getting two additional picks in the top 100. Long story short we still took Marshall.

Marshall, Toney and Moore were all available so dropping down was a great idea. Also still had a couple of other non WRs worthy of consideration but the better CBs were gone. We took Marshall and then Jaelan Phillips at 40 (can't pass value and worth the risk). Also took Tyson Campbell with our next pick (CB). Also got Tommie Trembell at TE and Brady Christianson at OT. I'll take that.
Unfortunately, the real world will show up next week and those miracle drafts won’t happen.

Outside of a trade we could easily get Marshall, Campbell, Trembell and Christenson with our first four picks.
It always seems when I have a player in mind like that the team immediately in front of us takes him 9 out of 10 times. This year it’s the Colts so that would be double the pain.

This WR class is very good and very deep. Thus we should take two WRs at different points in the draft and certainly could find a legit replacement for Davis in the 1st or 2nd round. There are also some small, explosive guys as slot candidates early and later.

This WR class is very good and very deep. Thus we should take two WRs at different points in the draft and certainly could find a legit replacement for Davis in the 1st or 2nd round. There are also some small, explosive guys as slot candidates early and later.
There are some great role players in the 3rd and 4th who could impact the WR room for sure. About a week and we will know.

Marshall looks good, but I'm not sure I could pull the trigger on that pick if I thought I could get Dyami Brown at 53. He had over 1000 yards and 20 ypc each of his last two seasons.

Marshall looks good, but I'm not sure I could pull the trigger on that pick if I thought I could get Dyami Brown at 53. He had over 1000 yards and 20 ypc each of his last two seasons.

I like this guy a lot. Has some drops, but the production and versatility are there. Of course I’m biased living in NC.

It always seems when I have a player in mind like that the team immediately in front of us takes him 9 out of 10 times. This year it’s the Colts so that would be double the pain.
I HATE the fact that the Clots (sic) are ahead of us for all of our picks this draft. I honestly think this will make JRob move up at least once, possibly more to keep a player he loves from being picked one pick ahead of us.

I always seem to love what the Colts do with their draft - which sucks. I really wanted us to draft Hines when he came out, but of course the Colts got him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back