Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
People talk about Lamont being terrible, take a look at the Texans Safeties. I would take Lamont any day of the week. Green is aged and not as fast. Add that to a soft O-line he will struggle. Dayne has yet to play the bruising back position for a team and again he is being asked to do just that.

Allot of next years success for the Texans is hinged on ALL of there acquisitions to pan out. If Green struggles so will Shammy and the Texans O.

If Mario and there #1 don't both step up and dominate at there position the opposing QB will have time to find the weaknesses in the 2ndary. If some one other then Mario does not demand a double Mario will be a non factor.

Does anyone factor Vince Young into the Houston series? Really, just think about it for a second. Do you really think Vince will let one slip away to the tinhorns? I know that sounds like a bunch of hooey but I really don't see the Titans going quietly against the Texans. Not with Vince leading our team. I think the Titans will be up to play the Texans every year. I wouldn't take VY's wrath lightly.

Well, I'd still certainly bet on us, but I don't think that doesn't mean that the Texans haven't gained some solid ground. They've also gained on everyone in the division, making it more likely for all of the positions (in division standings) to be up for grabs.

Their defense is top 15 this year IMO. Their offense on the other hand, is still suspect. And I don't think Schaub will be tearing it up anytime soon.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
whoa... top 10? what?

Did you forget during a 5-7 game stretch last year, they were top 5 defense?

Edit: Toward the end of the year last year, their defense really picked up steam.
Edit again: Looking at the stats, they weren't what I thought they were.
I retract my statement about the top 10 defense easily.

Top 15 should be about right.

Someone's going to improve

Looking back at the last 5 years, every year at least 4 teams have made the playoffs after having a losing record the year before.

That is an amazing stat. Out of the 12 playoff teams, at least a third of them had a losing record the previous year!!!

If that trend is to be followed, then at least 4 of the following teams will make the playoffs next year.

Miami
Cleveland
Houston
Oakland
Washington
Minnesota
Detroit
Atlanta
Tampa Bay
San Fransisco
Arizona

When you have a look at all the season previews that predict every division to finish almost exactly as it ended last year - ignore it.

The only likely AFC playoff teams are New England, NY, Indy, Jax, Baltimore, Cincy, Denver, San Diego, and KC. I'd honestly be very surprised if anyone else made it (perhaps the Steelers as a darkhorse).

Starkiller said:
The only likely AFC playoff teams are New England, NY, Indy, Jax, Baltimore, Cincy, Denver, San Diego, and KC. I'd honestly be very surprised if anyone else made it (perhaps the Steelers as a darkhorse).

That's exactly the point. YOU WILL BE SURPRISED.

Last year you would have been more than "very surprised" if the Jets, coming off a 4-12 season, with QB questions so significant that they sign Patrick Ramsey and no running game to speak of with Curtis Martin out for the year would make the playoffs. But they did.

Heck, we almost made the playoffs and last off-season we were 500/1 to win the superbowl. We had Kerry Collins at QB and we were raging favourites to have the 1st pick in the draft. But one more win and we were in the playoffs.

Starkiller said:

I think there is a type-O in this statement. Why are the Jag included? Constantly under performing, no WR core, an injury prone RB and QB, an entirely new coaching staff less the head coach. A fan base that has been told sell out or the team will have to move.

I think KC is a stretch too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back