Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
radio was saying T17 was coaching the scrub ass WRs on how to position their bodies to keep defenders out of throwing lanes
Yeah I saw him on the sideline getting into some asses, but either way Tannehill has not played very well this season. Even if they are running routes incorrectly, missing adjustments, etc. to many of Tannehill's passes have been off target. The past two years he has been amazing at hitting the receivers in positions where they can catch and run. This season there have been a lot of balls high, and a lot of balls behind the receivers. He is playing bad football.

Bottom line is we have scrubs playing every skill position. So it's a bit delusional to think we'd be ok. Yes. Texans. But still, scrubs. We can't just throw anyone out there.

It's good reminder how important Neil O'Donnell was for us. We don't have capable backups this year at any position. O'Donnell ended his career with the lowest interception percentage in NFL history, averaging just 2.11 interceptions for every 100 pass attempts.

Bottom line is we have scrubs playing every skill position. So it's a bit delusional to think we'd be ok. Yes. Texans. But still, scrubs. We can't just throw anyone out there.

It's good reminder how important Neil O'Donnell was for us. We don't have capable backups this year at any position. O'Donnell ended his career with the lowest interception percentage in NFL history, averaging just 2.11 interceptions for every 100 pass attempts.
Yea. He came in and held things together when McNair couldn't play. Won us several games.

I still think it's the training staff needs to be looked at. It's too many sprains and hamstring pulls that some could be avoided. We have 5-7 players hurt a week.

Tammy easier could have thrown 4 or 5 or 7 interceptions on his own, but both balls to Dez likely would have different results if thrown to guys that have worked with him more.

If you are letting the ball fly before your guy comes out of the break, your guy needs to come out of the break.

I agree we missed AJ (was AJ's injury a training staff caused injury?), Julio and Johnson but what lost that game were stupid mistakes more than anything. The weather probably played into it as well. We had the touched punt, an int that almost got returned for a TD. A stupid middle run on 4th and 2 when the defense was stacked there. We basically did everything we could to lose.

On defense all we had to do was keep Taylor in the pocket. He is a short QB who excels when he gets out on the edge both running and passing. Forcing him to stay in the pocket and throw from there should have been the #1 priority and 2 of his TDs were scampering around the edge.

As for the frustration over injuries and thinking this is a training staff issue I', very doubtful our training staff does much if anything different than any other team. It is just a combo of luck and wrong place at the wrong time.

We don’t have capable backups but yet we are on pace to play more players than any team in NFL history and we are leading the AFC at 8-3.

In summary..... we have scrubs at all positions, a crap training staff that gets people hurt, a horrible coaching staff and a GM that is clueless. Did I miss anything the kiddies want to complain about?

Bottom line with the weather, injuries and the luck we had in the previous 6 games finally came to a head and instead of things working our way everything went bad. It happens. Should be a wake up call .

Honestly, I just don't know how we're going to pull this off anymore with our offense.

1. Tanny playing awful
2. OL getting pushed around
3. RBBC is too inconsistent
4. Too many injuries at WR
5. Not enough production from the TE position

Really wish the bye week was this week, so we can somehow regroup this unit.

Honestly, I just don't know how we're going to pull this off anymore with our offense.

1. Tanny playing awful

Tanny had plenty of time to throw yesterday. Out backup backup receivers just couldn’t get open. It’s Kinsey time!

I thought Dez played well. Made some tough contested catches. Looks like there was some miscommunication between him and Ryan on the 3rd pick but the ball also looked to be under throw/behind Dez.

A lot of people wrote him off as a bust but he stepped up yesterday.

Yeah I saw him on the sideline getting into some asses, but either way Tannehill has not played very well this season. Even if they are running routes incorrectly, missing adjustments, etc. to many of Tannehill's passes have been off target. The past two years he has been amazing at hitting the receivers in positions where they can catch and run. This season there have been a lot of balls high, and a lot of balls behind the receivers. He is playing bad football.
not many people gonna point at yesterdays game and argue against this...

I blame the OC

yeah that guy would chuck it into the third row with the slighest bit of pressure... the ultimate 'punts are not the worst thing ever' QB

1. Tanny playing awful

I think it hurts more when the guys are getting injured in-game like AJ Brown.

hopefully another week of actual practice reps will help these backup/signings find ways to work together. I really think just a little more time is one of the problems.

the RBBC actually looked ok yesterday but those couple “and short” runs were just awful, I’d say the OL had a lot to do with that too.

THill played poorly but 4 INT is uncharacteristic so hopefully the TO bug is out of the system at least to that extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back