Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it funny that when a winning team, ie New England, unceremoniously dump the veterans that played their hearts out for the team, it's good business sense, when a losing team, ie. Tennessee, does the same it's bad etiquette...

Vigsted said:
I find it funny that when a winning team, ie New England, unceremoniously dump the veterans that played their hearts out for the team, it's good business sense, when a losing team, ie. Tennessee, does the same it's bad etiquette...
Example? McNair is still on the roster.

Godfrey, George and quite possibly McNair, to name a few. And that's not including the ones we had to cut strictly for cap purposes (Rolle, Mason, Schulters, Carter, Kearse, etc.)

Vigsted said:
Godfrey, George and quite possibly McNair, to name a few. And that's not including the ones we had to cut strictly for cap purposes (Rolle, Mason, Schulters, Carter, Kearse, etc.)
I think you can only point to Godfrey as being considered bad etiquette. George received a very fair offer and the majority of Titans fans I know feel he blew the decision. McNair is still on the roster. The cap cuts of last year were unavoidable and anyone who follows the team closely should know this.

But I was referring to the Pats cuts you mention.

I agree almost completly Titan Jeff.

I thought releasing Godfrey was just a CAP move/business decision. Too bad that it affected Godfrey negatively but the Titans did what they had to do at the time. Titans run a 4/3 and they do not overpay for LBs. When the boyz, who also run a 4/3, let Godfrey go there was not a bunch of whinning and cryin' about it, course I am not sure if he renegotiated before he was released from the boyz.

TitanJeff said:
But I was referring to the Pats cuts you mention.

Ahh, ok. I don't remember all of the players, but New England dump players such as Law, Milloy, Bledsoe, McGinest plus a couple of their O-linemen and nobody bats an eye, but if we had just cut McNair outright, I think hell would have broken loose.

Vigsted said:
Ahh, ok. I don't remember all of the players, but New England dump players such as Law, Milloy, Bledsoe, McGinest plus a couple of their O-linemen and nobody bats an eye, but if we had just cut McNair outright, I think hell would have broken loose.
I think the Titans would have been looked at in a much better light if they'd cut McNair when they let Hopkins go instead of handle things as they have.

for whatever reason I believe Reese when he says he thinks a deal will get done.

plus McNair had that $50m roster bonus that NewTwitch did not have, effectively putting McNair under contract thur 2006. Titans want to negotiate that 9m figure down and apparently have till september to do so.

I still think it will get done

but then again I thought EG would come to his senses also - so what do I know - lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back