Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's more to be great than just being great at something. And being great needs no promotion, apologies or excuses.

And BTW, Archie needs to stay home on the La-Z-Boy and STFU.

Archie needs to learn to stay on the sidelines....in the shadows...in the back of the crowd with his mouth shut. I have been an Archie fan...my father, a die hard Ole Miss fan starting in the 60s, took me to see Archie play a couple of times. I liked him.

Now he has been placed on some iconic shelf that seems to afford him the luxury of hammering anyone that criticizes his two sons. He has no business criticizing Bradshaw. TB simply said what others in front of the cameras wont because they have no spines...he lacked leadership....that is a fact he clearly has shown whenever he faced adversity like this.

Peyton has obviously bought the media's version of himself..that he is the best to take a snap and now he has to face the fact that maybe he is simply one of the best...tough row to hoe....

And if you thought Manning threw the offensive line under the Greyhound, let's just say that Polian drove the bus, backed over his offensive line a few times, then did some doughnuts.

I liked this part...:ha:

and this part too...
He knew he not only had fallen short of reaching the Super Bowl, again, but was looking at another long offseason of being called a big-game flop and worse.

that's good stuff...:sad2:

That was a pretty good article. Manning has to loosen up if he ever expects to win the big one. I can see what the article is saying about him taking the burden on his shoulders, but his attitude is secretly like someone robbed him of something that was already his, which it wasn't. Oh yeah, and they did have "protection issues."

Vanderjagt handling it better is rather shocking.

''Peyton is the Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan of football,'' said Vanderjagt. ''I'd give him a little leeway. . .'' - Mike Vanderjagt

_39087321_mickelson203.jpg

More like the Phil Mickelson...

Keep in mind Kravitz is a 'columnist', not a 'reporter'. Columnists write 'opinions' (and stir s^!t up)...reporters write 'articles'.

IMO what Peyton said wasn't really all that big of a deal, and I haven't heard anyone on the team pissing and moaning about what he said. Polian has said the same things Peyton said after the game (in much clearer terms, no less) but nobody's jumping on Bill about it. It was something the national media could take and run with so they did, but it's not a big deal IMO.

Carpy said:
"Supporting the greatest regular season team of all time since '95 "

Signature from one of the posters on coltfreaks. Classic.

From a supporter of the greatest 4-12 team in the World from Tennesee......
this is a post from the same guy over there...
even funnier...

Originally Posted by tony dungy
OOOOOOPS my bad, oh wait we saw what happened in the regular season you fool. I'm not gonna back down from defending my team in the regular season. IMO they are the greatest regular season team in the history of football captained by the greatest regular season QB of all time. I'm not here to discuss playoffs lets make that clear.

wino said:
Keep in mind Kravitz is a 'columnist', not a 'reporter'. Columnists write 'opinions' (and stir s^!t up)...reporters write 'articles'.

IMO what Peyton said wasn't really all that big of a deal, and I haven't heard anyone on the team pissing and moaning about what he said. Polian has said the same things Peyton said after the game (in much clearer terms, no less) but nobody's jumping on Bill about it. It was something the national media could take and run with so they did, but it's not a big deal IMO.

Yeah..uh huh...I am sure if someone on the O-line had said something like "well..we win as a team and lose as a team...but when a team blitzes the ball has to get out quicker..." I am sure it would have been taken as just the facts.

The peyton saga........

This stuff can boil up into something more than it is but at the present it is mild and merely just a bunch of guys who are really frustrated with the loss.

Look i lived in illinois during the bulls championship era and some of the things that jordan and pippen did make this look like nothing. In one practice jordan had steve kerr guarding him and phil jackson was letting kerr get away with some fouls to make it equal. We ll jordan slapped kerr! An entire book(the jordan rules) was written about jordan's arrogant and abusive behaivor towards his termates and he routinely called out his team mates in public. Bill cartwright and horace grant actually threatened to break his legs if he didn't back down some.

Scottie pippen once sat down refusing to participate in the final play of a playoff game just because he wasn't getting the final shot! He hated tony kukoc because he made more money.

That was a team that won 6 championships.

What peyton said was wrong. I don't think he needs to apologize for it but he shouldn't have said it. And polian shouldn't have gone to such effort to support it.

As for archie's comments? It's hard to knock a guy for loving his son. My son is only a year and a half old but i can see how it is hard not to want to go to bat for someone when you care so much but archie makes money as a cable network analyst now and needs to be impartial. Same with phil simms and his son and it is the same for the president and his dad. Sometimes you just need to be quiet because you are not doing him any favors.

Archie Manning needs to sit down with Phil Simms and ask him how to act when you're kid is a starting QB in the NFL. The only time Simms has made any comment about anything news worthy about his kid was when his son's upbringing was questioned for lack of toughness by Steve Young on ESPN. Simms called out Young and left it at that.

As far as Peyton, he needs to stop being a water walker, be a teammate and STF up. He's talented, and yes, half the state of Tennessee named their first born after him and his frankenstein head. But he's not above being questioned on his play, just like any other pro athlete.

Throwing your offensive line under the bus isn't being a leader. That same Oline that's kept him clean for the past few years. You know it won't happen, but it'd be great to see Tarik Glenn "olay" a couple defensive ends next year and let Payton get knocked on his ear a few times. Then he'd have a reason to mouth off about the Oline.

O-line is responsible for primary blocking schemes of LB's and D-line.

The QB is responsible for recognizing the blitz, directing/audibling the ball out away (draw, slip screen, roll-out etc) or directing a blocking RB to pick it up. Edge and Peyton are more to blame for the failure than the O-line. The Steelers exposed Peyton's inability to counter the unknown blitzer with physical skills like rolling out or "tuck and run". Porter is fast and tough- give him credit too.

I'm just PO'd Schwartz didn't try it. Woolfolk's uncle and I were saying on another thread at least try blitzing his A$$ alot earlier.

Watch the Pitt/Indy GOTW on NFL Network. It's crystal clear the O-line was having problems.
Peyton was in a no-win situation in the press conference no matter what he said (or didn't say). He's either TOO PC or not PC enough. The haters will always hate. Thankfully Peyton's got broad enough shoulders to handle whatever the haters throw his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back