Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I keep hearing that.

I get that this defense is really, really bad-- even if they finally looked good for a half this past week (which hopefully is a sign of getting back on track-- but not holding breath), but this whole "we're gonna get killed vs playoff teams" thing is just mindless chatter.

6 teams in the playoffs.

Chiefs
Bills
Colts
Steelers
Browns
Ravens

Ok.

Bills - Titans smashed with the same defense. Beat by 26
Colts - Titans split with (and the first game was weird) with the same defense. Beat by 20
Steelers - Titans missed FG to send to OT with the same defense. Lost by 3.
Browns - Titans would have beaten with 2 mins more on the clock with the same defense. Lost by 6.
Ravens - Titans beat in OT with same defense. Smashed the year prior in playoffs. Beat by 6.

This team has the formula to beat anyone even with a terrible defense. Run the ball. Keep offenses off field. Sustain drives.

And I'm not saying I feel like the Titans are going to beat these teams or even that they wont get smoked by one. But this whole "we can't beat playoff teams with this D" stuff is overblown.

This team has already proven they can. Versus every one of them other than the Chiefs. And that game was going Titans way til one fluke slow run by goofy ass Kermit Macurls that stole their soul.

Browns put up 41, 38 in the first half no?
Colts put up 34 in the loss
Steelers put up 21 in 3 straight drives if I recall correctly
Ravens are the Ravens
Bills game we gave up like 90 first downs, so I'm not sure how you can defend the defense just because the Bills couldn't finish - they're different, we aren't

no one should be defending this trash D, just hope the offense carries as usual

Unfortunately we gave up alot of points in alot of those games but...

If everyone does there job, staff and players, and focus on one game, one team at a time we will be fine.

Browns put up 41, 38 in the first half no?
Colts put up 34 in the loss
Steelers put up 21 in 3 straight drives if I recall correctly
Ravens are the Ravens
Bills game we gave up like 90 first downs, so I'm not sure how you can defend the defense just because the Bills couldn't finish - they're different, we aren't

no one should be defending this trash D, just hope the offense carries as usual

Pretty sure you missed the entire point of the OP. He was not defending the defense. He said it was terrible actually. But his point was that with this terrible defense we beat many of the playoffs teams. Thus it is ridiculous to say with this defense we cannot beat a playoff team. How can anyone dispute that? Do you?

Pretty sure you missed the entire point of the OP. He was not defending the defense. He said it was terrible actually. But his point was that with this terrible defense we beat many of the playoffs teams. Thus it is ridiculous to say with this defense we cannot beat a playoff team. How can anyone dispute that? Do you?
He disputes everything

our defense cant beat playoff teams, our offense can though

Exactly, the only thing the Titans can hope for on defense is that they come up with an occasional stop and maybe a turnover.

It's all on the offense to win in the playoffs. Any contribution from the defense is an unexpected bonus.

That is what I interpreted from what DW was trying to convey, the defense sucks, but this offense may be able to overcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
The O will have to overcome the D in order to win in the playoffs. The challenge is if the D continues to struggle on 3rd downs, will the O have enough chances to outscore the other team? This is where the D has to make a play or two at the end of the game. I timely sack, a pass break up, a strip sack, a run stuff, just a few plays made is all the team will need.

Exactly, the only thing the Titans can hope for on defense is that they come up with an occasional stop and maybe a turnover.

It's all on the offense to win in the playoffs. Any contribution from the defense is an unexpected bonus.

That is what I interpreted from what DW was trying to convey, the defense sucks, but this offense may be able to overcome.

Problem is, we’re not going to be able to put up 40 points on most of the defenses we’re going to see in the playoffs.

isn't that the point of a forum

and saying our defense will "beat" a team, is delusional

if we win, it's not going to be a 13-10 game.. it'll be another 30-27 game.. which means the defense didn't do anything as usual
The Defense held them to 27 while we scored 30 = a win...isnt that the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back