Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Deuce Wayne

Yes the D hasn't played well but we lost guys i think are a bigger deal than expected.
We beat Buffalo after the covid outbreak, beat Baltimore in Baltimore, yes in OT but after a tough patch with losses to Indy and Cincy. And before the 2nd game vs Indy..which we could have easily looked ahead to.

May not be pretty, but I think we win....

#TennesseTough
#TitanUp
#WeGotThis

Bills can’t run the ball. KC just gets in these grooves where they refuse to run the ball. CEH was also out for them the last couple weeks.

It’s the classic Andy Reid syndrome. He just abandons the run for no reason at all. Killed him in Philly.

Valid points

You ask the question in Long and Evans can cover better than they can blitz....neither have shown to be great blitzers or cover guys

Long and Evans are both best used in this game containing Lamar and stuffing the run. We want Lamar to be throwing the ball....if you blitz him you are just asking him to run and play street ball which is where he excels. Rarely do the Ravens win when Lamar has to throw over 30 times. Now that we have our secondary back and healthy I think we will be able to confuse Lamar and force an INT.

We have to prevent the big play TDs to give the defense a chance to hold them to a FG. I'm not expecting our offense to just dominate the Ravens defense...they are healthy and angry as hell about the last 2 losses...the offense is going to have it's hands full.

So your answer is to just keep doing what we were doing because it works so well. My comment was based on what we had when we played the game. Obviously is our secondary covers better and we manage to get a better pass rush the strategy changes. It is bizarre when Lamar had multiple big play runs to say we shouldn't do something because he might get big play runs....... either way, if you blitz you still maintain your lanes and the outside guys have to keep Lamar from getting outside. Oh, his int came when Long blitzed and caused him to make a bad throw.

So your answer is to just keep doing what we were doing because it works so well. My comment was based on what we had when we played the game. Obviously is our secondary covers better and we manage to get a better pass rush the strategy changes. It is bizarre when Lamar had multiple big play runs to say we shouldn't do something because he might get big play runs....... either way, if you blitz you still maintain your lanes and the outside guys have to keep Lamar from getting outside. Oh, his int came when Long blitzed and caused him to make a bad throw.

I’d say I pretty much nailed it...we gave up the one long scoring street ball scramble that we had to avoid and our offense had its hands full.

We can beat anyone. And we can lose to anyone. That’s something we’ve definitely proven this year.

But we played half our games this year against playoff teams. Winning 11 games is impressive but the offense is going to have to play near flawless football.
How true, on your first statement. We need to get that part fixed about losing to teams like the Bengals every year. And unfortunately, the offense did not play flawlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back