Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Defense held them to 27 while we scored 30 = a win...isnt that the point?

that would be the offense carrying the load

for the defense to carry, the offense has to suck and we still win

not sure why this is difficult

giving up 27 points is not "holding" anything, it's getting abused

I guess LAR defense, one of the leagues best got "abused" a few times this year according to your logic

I didn't say the defense could carry us....read the OP

win...the...TO...battle. Must do it.
Don't spot teams 19, 20, 31 points.

This team has beaten playoff teams, this year, including some that they may face.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but if the Titans D can keep teams from scoring more than 30 points, I like our chances.

27 points in today’s NFL especially this season isn’t getting abused. It’s not great. But it’s not abused, Across the board defense was down this year. The most points in NFL history was scored this year.

Biggest thing for me is I'd rather give up a big play and let our offense have the ball than give up long drives where our offense simply does not get enough snaps. That is why it makes more sense, especially with the players we have to blitz like crazy.

Answer this. Can Evans or Long cover better than they can blitz? Since they are decent blitzers and tacklers and suck to high heaven covering someone the answer is obvious.

Being aggressive does give up some big plays but on 3rd down we absolutely suck anyway. So take a chance we can get a sack, cause a turn over or send Jackson to the hospital. For me it is 85 Bears all day long. We have guys like Evans, Long and King who might be better at that game anyway. Byard and Vaccaro as well.

Biggest thing for me is I'd rather give up a big play and let our offense have the ball than give up long drives where our offense simply does not get enough snaps. That is why it makes more sense, especially with the players we have to blitz like crazy.

Answer this. Can Evans or Long cover better than they can blitz? Since they are decent blitzers and tacklers and suck to high heaven covering someone the answer is obvious.

Being aggressive does give up some big plays but on 3rd down we absolutely suck anyway. So take a chance we can get a sack, cause a turn over or send Jackson to the hospital. For me it is 85 Bears all day long. We have guys like Evans, Long and King who might be better at that game anyway. Byard and Vaccaro as well.

I could agree with this more. Put pressure on the QB all day long.

This. This and more this.

How many totally complete football teams are in these playoffs? I mean other than the Washington football team? :makefun:

Only the Chiefs look almost unbeatable to me. We already beat the Bills and Ravens. The Steelers top 2 Wrs are averaging less than 10 yards a catch and their running game is not good.

We can beat anyone. And we can lose to anyone. That’s something we’ve definitely proven this year.

But we played half our games this year against playoff teams. Winning 11 games is impressive but the offense is going to have to play near flawless football.

I think most of us can agree that unless this defense has some big turnaround in the playoffs (not happening) like stated already our offense has to play perfect to win. That may work for a game but to ask this offense to beat 3 playoff teams with no help from the defense just isn’t going to happen. Sadly we have a Super Bowl caliber offense and a defense that at some point will cost us a deep playoff run

How many totally complete football teams are in these playoffs? I mean other than the Washington football team? :makefun:

Only the Chiefs look almost unbeatable to me. We already beat the Bills and Ravens. The Steelers top 2 Wrs are averaging less than 10 yards a catch and their running game is not good.

The Chiefs look more beatable the last few weeks than ever before. We’re they coasting? Maybe. But the Bills look the best of all. The NFC is trash.

The Chiefs look more beatable the last few weeks than ever before. We’re they coasting? Maybe. But the Bills look the best of all. The NFC is trash.

Bills can’t run the ball. KC just gets in these grooves where they refuse to run the ball. CEH was also out for them the last couple weeks.

It’s the classic Andy Reid syndrome. He just abandons the run for no reason at all. Killed him in Philly.

You ask the question in Long and Evans can cover better than they can blitz....neither have shown to be great blitzers or cover guys

Long and Evans are both best used in this game containing Lamar and stuffing the run. We want Lamar to be throwing the ball....if you blitz him you are just asking him to run and play street ball which is where he excels. Rarely do the Ravens win when Lamar has to throw over 30 times. Now that we have our secondary back and healthy I think we will be able to confuse Lamar and force an INT.

We have to prevent the big play TDs to give the defense a chance to hold them to a FG. I'm not expecting our offense to just dominate the Ravens defense...they are healthy and angry as hell about the last 2 losses...the offense is going to have it's hands full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back