Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Former Colts LB David Thornton is expected to make a visit to the Titans as early as Saturday evening. Thornton, a 6-foot-2, 230-pound outside linebacker, has played in all but one game for the Colts since drafted in 2002. His best season was his second year where he recorded 145 tackles. Last year, he totaled 81 tackles and two sacks. Thornton was a fourth-round pick in 2002 who ran a 4.62 40-yard dash.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

If they get thorton what would they want in round 2 surely not a wr maybe an rb maybe a safety in the 2nd.... who knows thorton bullock maybe a mlb in the 2nd. Maybe they get Mason back from B-more lol not really but it wouldnt hurt us.

Why do I keep hearing people talk about Mason coming back from Baltimore? Why in the hell would Baltimore want to trade him? Have the said they want to trade him? He was great for them last year. Better than almost any offensive weapon they had aside from maybe Heap. Where is this coming from?

Do we really want a Colts defender? Their finesse (aka "soft") D doesn't cut it. Remember when we used to "pound" people with our D and our OL. Those were the days. We should pay a few extra bucks and bring in a thumper like Witherspoon over Thornton.

Wait, why sign anyone? Let's just wait till the draft and keep our $11 million. The rookies will put us over the top....5-11 is better than 4-12, isn't it?

good god you won't shut up will you.

nothing but whinge whinge whinge. sheesh.

FYI the Colts 'soft' D almost won them the game which would most likely had put them in the superbowl.

^ yeah, thats it.

I understand where you are coming from, but i dont think signing the big names will make us that much better.

And then there are otehr factors, like LeCharles Bentley, traditionally we dont sign Centers, we draft a late round lineman and use them, the coaching staff may like someone for it, like Amano (or Amato whichever) or god forbid they might resign Hartwig.

Plus our offense free agents havent worked out too well so I can see us being weary about who we sign and whether they will fit.

We build through the draft and I think Reese and co will stick to that, but will sign a name free agent, maybe 2, but we wont be out there buying everyone or trying to.

Reese will be doing his best not to put us back in cap hell.

I hate to "complain" (not really), but one way you get in cap hell by having and keeping (paying) good players. That's what we did. Then there is the Redskins. When is Washington going to start feeling the heat of cap hell? and the Colts?

Colts are beginning...and there is something going on with the skins i believe. I think the CBA did something to stop what the Redskins do.

Yes, the new CBA limits "cash over the cap". Basically, there's only so much real money a team can spend on players in a given season now, regardless of cap hit.

I would really hate to see you guys get David Thornton. He is a solid player who is seldom injured. His natural position is weak side LB but the Colts have had him at stong side for the past two years. Just thinking about seeing him in that ugly Columbia Blue makes me ill.

Check out his bio. He was a walk on at North Carolina and voted Defensive MVP over players like DE Julius Peppers and DT.

I'll try and get you a link.

Richard

How is Thornton no better then Sirmon? He has speed... ha

He seems really good in coverage and a compliment to Bulluck is sorely needed. Not necessarily someone his caliber skill wise but someone who can play... and Thornton can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back