Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember people on here pushing to take him at 5.

I just remember wanting lattimore really badly. And then humphrey. When they were both gone by our pick I was pissed. Really humphrey is pretty trash though, we should've taken lattimore at 5 and tj watt at 18. Lol

I just remember wanting lattimore really badly. And then humphrey. When they were both gone by our pick I was pissed. Really humphrey is pretty trash though, we should've taken lattimore at 5 and tj watt at 18. Lol
Marlon Humphrey? You mean the 2 time pro-bowler, 2019 All-Pro? Definitely not trash.

We needed a WR desperately. I wasn't sure about Davis at the time, but was just hopeful he would work out.

I think my dream draft at the time was for us to go CB with Lattimore or Humphrey, then Howard at 18, and I was super high on Chris Godwin because his tape was absolutely insane, even though he was getting garbage QB play from Christian Hackenberg.

To think we could have had him over Taywan Taylor just hurts so much.

Marlon Humphrey? You mean the 2 time pro-bowler, 2019 All-Pro? Definitely not trash.

We needed a WR desperately. I wasn't sure about Davis at the time, but was just hopeful he would work out.

I think my dream draft at the time was for us to go CB with Lattimore or Humphrey, then Howard at 18, and I was super high on Chris Godwin because his tape was absolutely insane, even though he was getting garbage QB play from Christian Hackenberg.

To think we could have had him over Taywan Taylor just hurts so much.

Humphrey gets embarrassed by us every time we play them. I don't know his game much apart from that

I'm sure alot of teams would say that about our picks in the late 3rd and 4th too though

Most people here hated Humphrey. I low key liked him, but don't think I posted about it because I didn't want to argue.

Lattimore has this crazy good reputation, but he has basically been great 2 years and terrible the other 2 years. He gave up over 10 yards per target his 2nd year. His numbers were way worse than Jenkins/Butler last year. I get that he is going against Julio/Ridley twice a year and Evans/Godwin twice a year, but I don't think he is the homerun that a lot of people think.

I think I wanted Reddick (would have been a bad pick) and Tre'davious White (would have been a good pick), but I honestly can't remember. I usually don't post that I want player X at pick X because that is kind of absurd. People will name a guy that goes a round+ earlier and then act like they are the smarter GM.

What happened to our nfl crime thread? Did it get merged with the Panda thread?
It was actually a death thread with a mention of how quickly it would go to crime thread.

I guess just not enough players (former and current) died to keep it going.

The more I look at this, the more I think the Titans envision Firk as our #1. I was shocked, and I mean SHOCKED, to see that he had better receiving, pass blocking, AND run-blocking grades than Jonnu this year. Heck, PFF had him as the #7 tight end overall. I almost wish we signed him to a longer deal. What if he Kittles out this year?

The more I look at this, the more I think the Titans envision Firk as our #1. I was shocked, and I mean SHOCKED, to see that he had better receiving, pass blocking, AND run-blocking grades than Jonnu this year. Heck, PFF had him as the #7 tight end overall. I almost wish we signed him to a longer deal. What if he Kittles out this year?
thats why I have not been concerned at all about losing Jonnu. I like Jonnu, I think he has a ton of potential to be a breakout TE. But, we arent using him that way so if he does have that potential it has been wasted. At the same time, Firsker is a freaking beast. He is doing exactly what we want from a TE even if he doesnt have as high of a ceiling (potentially).

FirkShow!

We don't use him enough for him to put up Kittle type numbers

Not me. :wooo:

Called Firkser to be great when he was buried on the practice squad. But don't get me wrong, I still think if OJH were on the team, he'd be our #1.

thats why I have not been concerned at all about losing Jonnu. I like Jonnu, I think he has a ton of potential to be a breakout TE. But, we arent using him that way so if he does have that potential it has been wasted. At the same time, Firsker is a freaking beast. He is doing exactly what we want from a TE even if he doesnt have as high of a ceiling (potentially).

I believe Firk is the "lunch pail" kind of guy that JRob was talking about when he took over as GM. I just think its awesome to have a former semi-pro hockey player and Harvard math graduate playing TE for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back