Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I can’t imagine that any of the guys after Firkser and Swaim will be on the opening day roster. Forestall, Pinckney, Hudson and Stocker have shown absolutely nothing.
I could see either a trade or a few cut acquisitions to fill out depth at the position.
I know a lot of you want OJ Howard, but I just don’t think TB will move him.

I can’t imagine that any of the guys after Firkser and Swaim will be on the opening day roster. Forestall, Pinckney, Hudson and Stocker have shown absolutely nothing.
I could see either a trade or a few cut acquisitions to fill out depth at the position.
I think Ferstall has some promise. I’d like to see him on the practice squad. The others are underwhelming.

I’m guessing we have 3 on the opening day roster and only due to tenure with the team and being used almost exclusively as a blocker, stocker gets the nod.

I wouldn't say we've been spoiled at TE position for the past few years but its been something we haven't been concerned about every year and this is the weakest it's been for a good while.

Still don't think it's weakest in the Nfl though

Another suggestion,

DW!!!!!!

bring him back. We don’t need him in pro bowl form, just a competent veteran capable of surprising.

Last edited by a moderator:

Has OJ Howard even done anything since being in the NFL?

With the expanded 16 player rosters, I could see Foristall and Hudson both ending up there.

I just really believe Jrob has been patiently waiting for cut downs to fill out the position. Like he knows someone that will get cut that he wants. It’s seems very deliberate.

That’d be great, but Id expect more of a 2021 version. Probably still effective as an alternative TE. Likely better than whoever is our #3, probably Swaim too.

Yeah DW will always be one of my favorite Titans. I would love to get him back for this year. I think he would still bring value to this team, especially in the red zone.

With what I've seen of Hudson and Stocker (basically blockers only) and we know Swaim is not different, it seems Walker might be a consideration. If he goes unsigned I guess he is always an emergency signing if Firkser goes down.

With that said it makes me wonder if Blasingame can be used as a H-back or occasional TE. I'd definitely use him more in the passing game and then his presence doesn't always indicate a run with Henry. Also nice to see him handed the ball occasionally.

fwiw - J Horsted may very well not make Bears roster. They already have Kmet, Graham and James as locks. Holtz maybe as 4th for blocking. Horsted has great hands, set all kinds of Princeton (meh) receiving records as a WR. So not much of a blocker. As a Bear and Titan fan, if he gets cut from Chicago I'd like to see him make my other fav team. Every time he gets an opportunity he seems to be successful.

IMO the need for a receiving TE is lesser than what it was before we traded for Julio, and the other no name receivers stepped up in camp.

Hence, Firkser and 2 blocking TE's might be the way we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back