Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delanie Walker isn’t happening guys. Not with us or anyone else. No training camp, no practice, no interest. I believe he only had 1 tryout and nothing came from it. If teams were interested, he would have been in a camp somewhere.

IMO the need for a receiving TE is lesser than what it was before we traded for Julio, and the other no name receivers stepped up in camp.

Hence, Firkser and 2 blocking TE's might be the way we go.

Yeah. And don't forget about Reynolds. He'd be a number 2 on a third of the teams in the league.

I would think we should see a lot more 3 wide sets this year.

Those three with firk tight and Henry in the back field... try and stop that.

I know this may be a dead horse subject, but given that the team is 8-2 with the offense looking out of sorts for most of the season, and given it will be aa while before we get Henry and Julio back, I wonder if the team should reach out to Walker. We have 7 Games left in the regular season, and Julio is out at least 3 weeks. While Delanie may not be the machine he once was, he was a Pro Bowl MVP and had great hands. Two years removed from his injury- if he's healthy he would be a bigger threat than our current tight end crew. We haven't been in this position since 2008. The guy wants a Super Bowl, and I think he still could contribute in a way that's meaningful down the stretch. Thoughts?

I know this may be a dead horse subject, but given that the team is 8-2 with the offense looking out of sorts for most of the season, and given it will be aa while before we get Henry and Julio back, I wonder if the team should reach out to Walker. We have 7 Games left in the regular season, and Julio is out at least 3 weeks. While Delanie may not be the machine he once was, he was a Pro Bowl MVP and had great hands. Two years removed from his injury- if he's healthy he would be a bigger threat than our current tight end crew. We haven't been in this position since 2008. The guy wants a Super Bowl, and I think he still could contribute in a way that's meaningful down the stretch. Thoughts?

Does he play Oline?

Not unless he thinks we can win a SB..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mu...essee-hurt-my-value-when-it-came-to-accolades

DW82 trying to have it 3 ways, not surprising

first he was a damn BU TE in his first contract...

second he signed with the Titans who throw to TEs way more than average and he was the starter getting majority of snaps/targets

third he wants to play in a 'big market' but he would use his stats from Tennessee to make his case for HoF

also never forget Themz wore skinny pants...

DW82 trying to have it 3 ways, not surprising

first he was a damn BU TE in his first contract...

second he signed with the Titans who throw to TEs way more than average and he was the starter getting majority of snaps/targets

third he wants to play in a 'big market' but he would use his stats from Tennessee to make his case for HoF

Whatever he had to say in July was speculative. He's still a free agent, and he had the majority of his success here. The titans are a legit contender, and leading the AFC by two games with 7 to go. That's a pretty good situation for anyone wanting to make an offensive impact.

So the team averaged 5.8 TE receptions per game last year. With Jonnu, who is a total mismatch every passing play.

This year, the team averages 4.4 TE receptions per game. Given that we didn't replace Jonnu and Firkser is a bum this year, that isn't bad. I doubt anyone would have predicted that Swaim and Pruitt would average 3 catches a game and have 5 TD's in the first 10.

So the team averaged 5.8 TE receptions per game last year. With Jonnu, who is a total mismatch every passing play.

This year, the team averages 4.4 TE receptions per game. Given that we didn't replace Jonnu and Firkser is a bum this year, that isn't bad. I doubt anyone would have predicted that Swaim and Pruitt would average 3 catches a game and have 5 TD's in the first 10.
I think we probably draft a mid round TE this coming draft?

Right now we are barely getting by at TE and really need someone to solidify that position. Not sure this is all Firksers fault since they prefer to go with guys who can block better and only use the TE as a token target. Thus finding a guy who can both block and get down the seem might be a priority to round out the offense.

I think we probably draft a mid round TE this coming draft?

Not sure if mid round makes the most sense unless there is a sleeper there and often that is where the best comes come from. Might be a little more aggressive and pick one earlier if the value is right. I believe Jannu was a 3rd round pick.

Not sure if mid round makes the most sense unless there is a sleeper there and often that is where the best comes come from. Might be a little more aggressive and pick one earlier if the value is right. I believe Jannu was a 3rd round pick.
I was thinking with no 2nd round pick, a RB may be a bigger need in 3 with Evans probably gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back