Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
since when is a sports facility grounds to forcibly relocate people/businesses

and who determines how much the property owners would get paid?
current stadium sitting on land formely like 100+ small businesses.... amazingly the gov'ment owned courthouse was deemed to be fine but they wanted to take the gas station / convience store cause THAT had no usage - LOL

the whole process was obscene, but that is the game

current stadium sitting on land formely like 100+ small businesses.... amazingly the gov'ment owned courthouse was deemed to be fine but they wanted to take the gas station / convience store cause THAT had no usage - LOL

the whole process was obscene, but that is the game

Gotta be the scrap yard
This is exactly where it needs to be. That scrap yard is such an eye sore and it's right next to the interstate, so anyone passing by sees it. Build the new Nissan Dome there and when it's finished, bulldoze Nissan Stadium to create more parking.

I've not seen anything about how this will be paid for. As for the city buying the scrap yard.....this city is broke. There was a property tax increase for those in the city of something like 30% last year. All of those living outside of the city and Davidson County are all for it because the tax increases don't affect them.

I want all of this as much as everyone else, but I see lots of coming issues.....taxes, higher prices, more traffic in and out. Will PSL owners have to "re-buy" PSLs at a higher price? (This has happened in other places when a new stadium was built.)
This city has been mismanaged for years. We are the "it city" but we have terrible infrastructure and no money as well as the most ridiculous property and housing costs.

This is EXACTLY what the city needs. I've said it since they announced they wanted to renovate Nissan Stadium - the city needs a brand new, state of the art, DOME facility.

This would allow us to host a SuperBowl, Final 4, CFB National Championship, and many other awesome events that we currently can't host due to not having a dome.

Great thread here about what lead them to this point and how the estimated renovation cost has more than doubled what they expected:

Nashville needs a lot more hotels and infrastructure to host a Super Bowl.

I wonder if you could figure out a new way to make it transform into a baseball stadium too haha. Try to get us an MLB team!

Let the new baseball team the 'Nashville Stars' play at the current Titans stadium after the Titans move? Or will it be torn down already?

Nashville needs a lot more hotels and infrastructure to host a Super Bowl.
The Vikings hosted a Superbowl and Minneapolis is smaller than Nashville by quite a bit (Nashville is the 20th largest in the US, Minneapolis is 45th). A new stadium would draw more hotels, and we've already hosted a draft with the entire NFL setting up here for a week, so it can be done.

I've not seen anything about how this will be paid for. As for the city buying the scrap yard.....this city is broke. There was a property tax increase for those in the city of something like 30% last year. All of those living outside of the city and Davidson County are all for it because the tax increases don't affect them.

I want all of this as much as everyone else, but I see lots of coming issues.....taxes, higher prices, more traffic in and out. Will PSL owners have to "re-buy" PSLs at a higher price? (This has happened in other places when a new stadium was built.)
This city has been mismanaged for years. We are the "it city" but we have terrible infrastructure and no money as well as the most ridiculous property and housing costs.
LOL

hows that water bill?

The Vikings hosted a Superbowl and Minneapolis is smaller than Nashville by quite a bit (Nashville is the 20th largest in the US, Minneapolis is 45th). A new stadium would draw more hotels, and we've already hosted a draft with the entire NFL setting up here for a week, so it can be done.

I agree that hotels aren't an issue in Nashville. Especially considering there is Franklin and Murfreesboro, which have grown to be more or less larger suburbs of Nashville.

Nashvegas adjacent aint suburb of Nashvegas

I have virtually zero contact with Nashville - in a year I doubt I roll in a dozen times

When I went to MTSU, I was in Nashville all the time. Even worked as a valet in Nashville on the weekends. Not like it's a long drive. 25-30 minutes to downtown unless traffic is really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back