Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
since when is a sports facility grounds to forcibly relocate people/businesses

and who determines how much the property owners would get paid?
SCOTUS ruled on this a few years back, and that weenie Roberts allowed exactly that. Monies from taxes etc. are grounds for seizing private property from private citizens. An atrocious ruling.

Then there is this ruling of Privat to private, another chit show of a ruling.

Kelo v. City of New London

Last edited by a moderator:
The scrap yard would be the perfect spot with a Vikings like stadium with the glass facing the city. If they aren’t going to move and only build a new stadium in the parking lot of the current stadium, I hope they just renovate Nissan stadium. 1.2 Billion is A LOT to just renovate but if renovation cost have doubled why wouldn’t new construction cost also be doubled? So we’re looking at 3 billion maybe more, idk if Nashville will be willing to foot the bill.

Where are y’all getting the idea Titans definitely planning on new stadium. Only reference I’ve seen states it’s a consideration as plans to renovate are on hold due to supply costs.

When they build a new one, the PSL holders, will be pissed just like Atlanta. It will start over and be much much much more expensive. The regular fans will be left out. It will be the super rich and corporations.

Like Nascar at some point the NFL will price people out of going. They already priced me out!

where would the Titans play in the meantime? they aren't going to build a dome in 1 offseason
Couldn't they just build the new stadium right next door in Parking lot B?

View attachment 19400

That parking lot is the same size or bigger than the current lot the stadium sits on, and you could build it while still using Nissan. Also don't have to buy new land since I assume the team already owns that land. Then just demo Nissan after it's done. Could put in additional parking through parking decks too. That would be pretty damn nice.

nothing says fun like 70,000 people exiting a multilevel parking garage all at the same time
Well what I was really thinking is having a parking deck underground, and have a greenspace on top. Could put bars/restaurants/shops along the river, and nice tailgating area's in between the shops and the stadium.

That way you don't lose the parking, but do significantly improve the game day experience.

Well what I was really thinking is having a parking deck underground, and have a greenspace on top. Could put bars/restaurants/shops along the river, and nice tailgating area's in between the shops and the stadium.

That way you don't lose the parking, but do significantly improve the game day experience.
The game day experience isn't bad outside the stadium now, it's terrible inside during the game..

Couldn't they just build the new stadium right next door in Parking lot B?

View attachment 19400

That parking lot is the same size or bigger than the current lot the stadium sits on, and you could build it while still using Nissan. Also don't have to buy new land since I assume the team already owns that land. Then just demo Nissan after it's done. Could put in additional parking through parking decks too. That would be pretty damn nice.
It's too bad those 2 hotels are right there, that's additional land that could be used...maybe Titans should buy them and incorporate accommodations into the stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back