Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who’s gunna cover Tyreke Hill? Lol this is going to be brutal. :drunk:
636680482944354257-42-Johnathan-Cyprien.JPG

I feel they would go still go LT, which is dumb. But who knows. Vrabel loves him some OSU players.

I just don't see how you pass up a truly elite talent like MHII
i dont think they'd take LT over him, at some point you have to have playmakers on offense and he'd be a sure thing. i dont think they're stupid enough to not see that, even if maybe a lot of the fanbase is.

I do think they'd trade back to get extra picks and then take LT instead though. especially considering the sad state of the roster.

also vrabel does not really lean into picking osu guys by any means. only 1 taken since he's been here i think. even if we should have taken dawand jones over tyjae last year...... but i digress

If there was a generational talent qb coming out and the Titans may get #1 overall I would think about hoping for a loss.

But, hoping to lose for a wr or lt or trade down? Not really.

So I am rooting for a huge upset and for our young qb to dominate.

All that being said, I predict Dolphins win 42-10

I'll be at this game. Probably gonna suck. I think the last Titans Dolphins game I watched was the season opener with the 2 hour storm delay. Delaney Walker got hurt, I think Mariota came out for a bit too, but at least we had a kick off TD to make it interesting. Such high hopes for that season.

and then the #Embarassin4Harrison campaign really kicks into high gear
Not to derail this too much, but I saw a post somewhere about how NIL deals might pay him more than an NFL contact to stay in collage one more year. I saw like 25M+. I hope that's not the case. It would be insane and we will lose "professional" football as we know it.

Not to derail this too much, but I saw a post somewhere about how NIL deals might pay him more than an NFL contact to stay in collage one more year. I saw like 25M+. I hope that's not the case. It would be insane and we will lose "professional" football as we know it.
i find that number extremely hard to believe. I'm okay with kids earning their money in college though. I think it makes the most sense for college teams to start paying running backs. RBs dont get chit in the NFL because the tread is gone by their 2nd deals usually. college could course-correct that slightly

i find that number extremely hard to believe. I'm okay with kids earning their money in college though. I think it makes the most sense for college teams to start paying running backs. RBs dont get chit in the NFL because the tread is gone by their 2nd deals usually. college could course-correct that slightly
No beef with college guys getting money. Can’t see them targeting positions any differently than the NFL though.

although I don’t know what type of marketability a college team can do. Without looking it up, I wouldn’t think any is allowed outside physically showcasing a player in game. Reverse the clock a few years, maybe a Montee Ball could have cashed in as an example.

No beef with college guys getting money. Can’t see them targeting positions any differently than the NFL though.
running back is in a unique position.

they dont stand to gain much on their 2nd deal due to the market situation right now. in most cases, the nfl is happy to let them walk then pick up guys on minimum or near-minimum deals.

a 2nd rounder only stands to make roughly 1.7mil per year, with about 4 guaranteed for the entire deal. a good program could easily give that to a running back, and more.

will they do it? i dont know. but the opportunity is there, especially as things change towards paying players over the next many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back