Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
running back is in a unique position.

they dont stand to gain much on their 2nd deal due to the market situation right now. in most cases, the nfl is happy to let them walk then pick up guys on minimum or near-minimum deals.

a 2nd rounder only stands to make roughly 1.7mil per year, with about 4 guaranteed for the entire deal. a good program could easily give that to a running back, and more.

will they do it? i dont know. but the opportunity is there, especially as things change towards paying players over the next many years.
per this, RB are among the lowest avg pay per position. And that makes sense regarding your point about not getting too many 2nd contracts, many are on rookie deals.

NFL Positional Payrolls

they’re not too far off from G, CB, TE, or LB in general.
I think it has been the biggest highlight because of where they used to get paid, like a general decrease and pretty large.
I think this is relevant to just approaching the idea (not me, the players) that despite a quantifiable statistical contribution unlike an OL, it’s time to come to grips that the changes of the game towards passing has made them less valuable overall.
I think that’s tough for a player to accept especially when likely being the standout star on a HS team, occasionally a college team, rarely a NFL team anymore.

I think we’re at a point where RB just need to accept getting appx the same as some of those other positions I listed, college or NFL.

I feel they would go still go LT, which is dumb. But who knows. Vrabel loves him some OSU players.

I just don't see how you pass up a truly elite talent like MHII
The difference here is, the OTs are a need but MH Jr. is generational. Remember back to Burrow's 2nd year when their line was as bad as our is, but they drafted Chase instead of Sewell. Went to the SB that year.

The difference here is, the OTs are a need but MH Jr. is generational. Remember back to Burrow's 2nd year when their line was as bad as our is, but they drafted Chase instead of Sewell. Went to the SB that year.
Shouldn’t have gone to the SB and Chase wasn’t a part of a specific key Division Round playoff game that Cin should have lost.

Really hoping Philips is active tonight. With that pass rush, Levis is gonna need to get it out quick. No receivers on this team get open faster than Philips. He had 153 yards in 3 games with Levis and then they made him inactive last week. Idiotic.

Really hoping Philips is active tonight. With that pass rush, Levis is gonna need to get it out quick. No receivers on this team get open faster than Philips. He had 153 yards in 3 games with Levis and then they made him inactive last week. Idiotic.
He was warming up a minute ago

I dont think there any chance we win this game. Shouldnt even be competitive. Our Cbs are weak as fuck and our best one of the group isn't playing. Hill is in a all time record chase. Hes bout to put his dent in that chase tonight to gurantee it. I hope we see good shit our of Levis though. Miami in a blowout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back