Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, they don’t reward the team that hired them. The Titans are getting nothing for hiring Ran. They’re rewarding teams that spend years developing coaches and executives. This will get things a little more balanced. It’s already having an effect in my opinion and hopefully in a few years the league will be at a place where they can eliminate the rule.
While there was a change in regards to direct reward, it could still be seen as rewarding a team to hire a minority with the piece of mind that if they get taken the following year by another team, there is a reward.

the hope is, that you can keep the coach because it was a good hire. The flaw is, that if they are a really good coach, they likely get poached anyway.

You can’t reward them for developing minority people without penalizing them for developing white people. That’s the truth no matter how you spin it. Minority candidate getting hired equals a reward in draft capital, white candidate equals no reward in draft capital. That makes developing white candidates less appealing and that’s racist, but discrimination against whites is perfectly acceptable for some reason in today’s society. If you truly want to rid the system of racism, don’t make rules pertaining to race. Treat everyone as candidates instead of white candidates and black candidates. We’ve moved past that as Americans and rules like these just keep the racism flame burning brighter.
Keep playing the victim my man. What you’re saying was said 50 years ago and a hundred years ago and 150 years ago but nobody listened then. Problem is, white folks didn’t care when it was effecting a different race. Now that a few tiny rules have been made to help a group that was treated as second class citizens or worse for two hundred years, NOW all of a sudden it’s hey, color shouldn’t matter. Whatever. You’ll never get it because you refuse to look at it in historic context. Let’s talk about football instead.

Keep playing the victim my man. What you’re saying was said 50 years ago and a hundred years ago and 150 years ago but nobody listened then. Problem is, white folks didn’t care when it was effecting a different race. Now that a few tiny rules have been made to help a group that was treated as second class citizens or worse for two hundred years, NOW all of a sudden it’s hey, color shouldn’t matter. Whatever. You’ll never get it because you refuse to look at it in historic context. Let’s talk about football instead.
It’s impossible to move forward, living in the past and that’s all I’m going to say about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike Wallace: How are we going to get rid of racism until ...?

Morgan Freeman: Stop talking about it. I'm going to stop calling you a white man. And I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man.

Mike Wallace: How are we going to get rid of racism until ...?

Morgan Freeman: Stop talking about it. I'm going to stop calling you a white man. And I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man.
KyTitan just “hit the target” that one when he is literally the one that started talking about “racism” in the first place lol. Can’t make this stuff up. Let’s talk about football!

Chris Harris is gonna be huge for this young secondary, but I still thing we need to bring in a high quality veteran CB to mentor these young guys.

KyTitan just “hit the target” that one when he is literally the one that started talking about “racism” in the first place lol. Can’t make this stuff up. Let’s talk about football!

Chris Harris is gonna be huge for this young secondary, but I still thing we need to bring in a high quality veteran CB to mentor these young guys.
No you don’t seem to have a very good grasp of the situation. My entire point was we shouldn’t have rules and incentives based on race which is exactly what Morgan Freeman said.

until I see Titans press WRs at LoS on Third & 3 I wont believe anything changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back