Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's easy to point the finger at Bowden, but let's not forget he wasn't the DC. We didn't have one. It was essentially Vrabel. So sure, maybe it was Schwartz that helped turn things around, but maybe it was Bowden. Maybe it was both, with a much improved roster. I think people actually forget that most Titans fans wanted Schwartz fired in his first tenure. But even if the turnaround was 100% on Schwartz, don't you want the DC that was learning under him run the ship? You want to throw out someone who had a hand in running a great defense for an outsider with barely any experience? Not very logical.
I will admit that I forgot Bowen was not actually the dc and the rumors at the time seemed it was Mike v.I don’t know how much influence any of them actually had or if it was done committee style. To be fair, the defense overall did help them to stay in most games, minus some poor cornerback play at times.
I still wonder why the would play 5 to 10 yards back on a 3rd and 2? They love the bend but not break or the corners were really that bad?

I will admit that I forgot Bowen was not actually the dc and the rumors at the time seemed it was Mike v.I don’t know how much influence any of them actually had or if it was done committee style. To be fair, the defense overall did help them to stay in most games, minus some poor cornerback play at times.
I still wonder why the would play 5 to 10 yards back on a 3rd and 2? They love the bend but not break or the corners were really that bad?
It is fair to say that the defense held up a good part of the time in crucial situations and the offense was the real problem.

Def employed the bend but don't break mindset. Infuriating watching WRs catch the ball with no one remotely close and then 5 Titans are suddenly in on the tackle though.

Right. Easy to forget and blame Bowden.

I don't recall them being 5 yards back on 3rd. Didn't we lead the league in 3rd down defense 2 years ago?

Hopefully we get him and he can turn Roger McCreary into something, because I believe he can be special in time with the right coaching. He should be able to salvage Fulton as he's trending in the wrong direction.

Because HEAVEN FORBID the offense get over top the defense. In ANY situation, at ANY position on the field, and ANY time within the game. It's been a pet peeve of mine since Vrabel was hired regardless of who the DC was. That's Vrabel's defensive philosophy, it has been since his time in Houston, which all my Houston buddies hated and warned me about when he became our HC. They were not wrong. Bowen, Schwartz, it doesn't matter, nothing will change as long as Vrabel is our de facto DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back