Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, we had an elite D in 2021. Last year we had the top rushing D and solid overall with no DBs, rotating LBs, backup DEs, and street FAs plugged in everywhere. Now you guys want to fire that Coordinator, who has the experience, has learned under great defensive minds, and knows the players and system, for a guy who’s only coached DB for 2 years on a crappy team? Because, why? Because other teams may want him?

Looks like he might be a great DB hire, but let’s pump the breaks on the DC talk.

So, we had an elite D in 2021. Last year we had the top rushing D and solid overall with no DBs, rotating LBs, backup DEs, and street FAs plugged in everywhere. Now you guys want to fire that Coordinator, who has the experience, has learned under great defensive minds, and knows the players and system, for a guy who’s only coached DB for 2 years on a crappy team? Because, why? Because other teams may want him?

Looks like he might be a great DB hire, but let’s pump the breaks on the DC talk.
Go check the numbers 2 years ago before Schwartz came on board.

and then we did get Schwartz. Go check the roster 2 years ago.
A good roster. They underperformed badly. Time will tell how much of the improvement in 21 was Schwartz, but I have a bad feeling. Notice Bowen has never gotten a single interview request for HC.

A lot of us believe Schwartz had a big hand in the defensive performance
Soon as I heard he was assisting, I thought, give the DC position to Schwartzie

If I recall, there was also a noticeable change on the DL alignments and pressure provided that matched what Schwartz was doing in TN and Det before coming back to assist.

Im honestly not that big a fan of Schwartz, but when he has the right players, he can make a D play really good.
Bowen was solo in 2020 when the TN D was giving up record numbers of 3rd down conversions.

A good roster. They underperformed badly. Time will tell how much of the improvement in 21 was Schwartz, but I have a bad feeling. Notice Bowen has never gotten a single interview request for HC.
Clowney? Jonathan Joseph, Breon Borders, Desmond King?... Good roster? Jack Crawford was a starter.
and Schwartz was out of job when he hired him and didn't have any DC interviews last year. Not a good metric to determine success.

I think it's easy to point the finger at Bowden, but let's not forget he wasn't the DC. We didn't have one. It was essentially Vrabel. So sure, maybe it was Schwartz that helped turn things around, but maybe it was Bowden. Maybe it was both, with a much improved roster. I think people actually forget that most Titans fans wanted Schwartz fired in his first tenure. But even if the turnaround was 100% on Schwartz, don't you want the DC that was learning under him run the ship? You want to throw out someone who had a hand in running a great defense for an outsider with barely any experience? Not very logical.

schwartzie wasted Mr Monday Nights career covering grass when he could have been hitting QBs

like my opinion man
OLB’s aren’t pass rushers in a 4-3 unless it’s a blitz. They don’t need to be if you have the right front 4. Bulluck wasn’t a pass rusher. He weighed 235, he was supposed to “cover grass”

OLB’s aren’t pass rushers in a 4-3 unless it’s a blitz. They don’t need to be if you have the right front 4. Bulluck wasn’t a pass rusher. He weighed 235, he was supposed to “cover grass”
yes... blitzing bulluck was useful bulluck he was a fast athletic blitzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back