Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, it’s incredibly important
Position coaches are very important. Look at how our o-line consistently has changed with different coaches. Look at how far the secondary fell off under Midget.

Not saying they aren't important. Maybe there are ones that are great at one position...but it seems it's pretty common for positional coaches to change positions and not just be a an expert at X position.

I also think coaches get a lot of unfounded praise and blame. Football players play the game. You can coach all you want but if the player isn't playing well, thats not always due to coaching. There's a lot more to it than telling a guy to do this and that and then everything's going to work great.

Not saying they aren't important. Maybe there are ones that are great at one position...but it seems it's pretty common for positional coaches to change positions and not just be a an expert at X position.

I also think coaches get a lot of unfounded praise and blame. Football players play the game. You can coach all you want but if the player isn't playing well, thats not always due to coaching. There's a lot more to it than telling a guy to do this and that and then everything's going to work great.
I think of great players that coach. Munch is an example. Men that excelled in the trade. Can’t replace that kind of knowledge. Be dumb to have Munch coach up DB’s. Terribly dumb!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back