Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
fwiw, one example - When John Fox was head coach of the Bears Vic Fangio was DC. Fox got fired for Nagy and Fangio remained as DC for Nagy. One of the few things Nagy did right was keeping Fangio.

And when Carthon had his intial presser, he almost made it sound like he was hired to get Vrabel what he wanted/needed. Carthon didn't give me the impression he had his own view of how he wanted the Titans team to look in the future. Maybe that's what Amy wanted in her GM; somebody to get Vrabel what he wants.
It is the GMs job to get players that fit the team. Generally, the teams "identity" is that of the HC. So it makes perfect sense that Ran said he was there to get pieces that Vrabs wants/needs. But it doesn't mean Vrabs has complete control either.

It is the GMs job to get players that fit the team. Generally, the teams "identity" is that of the HC. So it makes perfect sense that Ran said he was there to get pieces that Vrabs wants/needs. But it doesn't mean Vrabs has complete control either.
Exactly. That’s one reason we have had mis-fires over the years by picking certain “system” players that are not a good fit with ours.

Typically a coaching staff is done by the HC.

I read the entire thread arguing that point but I can’t recall a time that a HC was fired/hired and the OC/DC didn’t go or come with the HC.

For any other reasons to believe Vrabel might be the guy in charge, I’ll need to see a bit more evidence.
FA and Draft is coming up. Those are real tells.
Obviously he wasn't in charge when Burks was traded for The Diva... He seemed pretty real pissed.

Obviously he wasn't in charge when Burks was traded for The Diva... He seemed pretty real pissed.
Since we haven’t heard from JRob since before his firing, I have to believe what Vrabel said regarding a lack of consideration towards what he thought of the move to be the truth.
I get attempting to fix the cap situation, but there still has to be a teamwork environment between the 2 positions.

Since we haven’t heard from JRob since before his firing, I have to believe what Vrabel said regarding a lack of consideration towards what he thought of the move to be the truth.
I get attempting to fix the cap situation, but there still has to be a teamwork environment between the 2 positions.

Despite the lack of reality involved in that movie, I liked it.
And the lack of reality isn’t just the trades Costner makes, it’s the absolute tooling he does to Leary.
I don’t recall Leary really explaining what kind of team (off or def) that would tell Costner what players he needs either. Maybe I need to rewatch for details though.

The more interviews I watch, the more I realize Vrabel has complete control of the roster. Ran was not hired to be a true GM, just an assistant to Vrabel.

I will reserve further judgement until after the draft and free agency and I think Vrabel is really running the team anyways, but the more interviews I watch with Ran, the less impressed I am.

In fairness, Philly was #3 in run att and 5 in yds while their D was 8 in PA/ #2 in yds against.
So they meet that statement directly.

for KC, they definitely were opposite in the regular season but come playoff time their passing numbers were significantly lower than their regular season avg and the D, while not particularly great got 5 takeaways in 3 postseason games. I think they show a unique ability to change their scheme to matchup or when one style is struggling.

In reality, KC leaned much more on their run game later in the season than earlier in the year. The statement is that a team has to be able to do this, not has to do it all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back