Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grear hire and my top pick!!

On a side note, it sucks we lost DL coach Willams today to the Lions. Not sure if this was the cause of this hire or not but would of liked to keep him on the staff.

Having a first time DC alongside a first time HC/Playcaller makes me nervous too though. I wouldn't have minded an experienced DC.
yeah... not like if it dont work out the Titans reign of excellence comes to an end... there is zero downside in taking this caculated risk

like my opinion dude

LOL

Also I got to throw it in here. Very impressive hire. Moreso because we were notably competing against several other teams. Very impressed with BC, Ran, and Amy they got it done. I am sure it was not as simple as throwing out whatever your run of the mill offer is for the position, but a combination of a proper offer, a relationship, and a vision Dennard believes in.

collaborative indeed.

Also I got to throw it in here. Very impressive hire. Moreso because we were notably competing against several other teams. Very impressed with BC, Ran, and Amy they got it done. I am sure it was not as simple as throwing out whatever your run of the mill offer is for the position, but a combination of a proper offer, a relationship, and a vision Dennard believes in.

collaborative indeed.
Agreed. I know the Ravens have Anthony Weaver as well but I thought he was for sure staying with the Rat Birds.

Grear hire and my top pick!!

On a side note, it sucks we lost DL coach Willams today to the Lions. Not sure if this was the cause of this hire or not but would of liked to keep him on the staff.
Daaaam. That sucks! Hadn't heard of it. Wow to the Lion.

I guess I like it, but I do have some concerns. Clearly his track record with DBs has been great. He's also young, exciting, and creating a buzz. Maybe we strike gold.

That said, with Mike Macdonald leaving, did the Ravens not try to keep Wilson? If not, why not? Did MacDonald not want to bring Wilson with him to Seattle? Again, why not? Supposedly he was a hot commodity, but maybe all that media buzz is the same as media's love towards Vrabel.

Or, I guess there's a chance he had an offer from the Ravens, an offer from Seattle, possible offers from other teams, and chose the Titans because of Ran? Because of Callahan? If that's the case, then he's bought in to what we're building. That's exciting. We'll see.

I wouldn't hate to bring on another senior analyst to the team.

I guess I like it, but I do have some concerns. Clearly his track record with DBs has been great. He's also young, exciting, and creating a buzz. Maybe we strike gold.

That said, with Mike Macdonald leaving, did the Ravens not try to keep Wilson? If not, why not? Did MacDonald not want to bring Wilson with him to Seattle? Again, why not? Supposedly he was a hot commodity, but maybe all that media buzz is the same as media's love towards Vrabel.

Or, I guess there's a chance he had an offer from the Ravens, an offer from Seattle, possible offers from other teams, and chose the Titans because of Ran? Because of Callahan? If that's the case, then he's bought in to what we're building. That's exciting. We'll see.

You make some good points and the inexperience across the board is risky.

I'd like to think 2 main reasons he came here. 1) The defense is his complete control. He definitely wasn't going to get that in Seattle and maybe not Baltimore.
2) Wilson and Carthon have a really strong relationship. This was probably in the works before we landed our HC

carthon and he were on the rams at the same time, for 5 seasons

and callahan has no connection
Hmm.. It doesn't necessarily make it a Ran hire. It could just be a Ran intro.

I mentioned in another thread, when the Titans announced their new structure, it said Ran "had control of the coaching staff". I was hoping that would mean that he oversaw them and they reported to him, but I want my head coach to be the decision maker on who to hire. I'll be optimistic and hope it was a collaborative effort with Callahan's full commitment and approval.

DC said he wanted a DC who he knows is hard to scheme against, someone please go analyze and summarize have the Bengals have done against the Raven's pass D.

You make some good points and the inexperience across the board is risky.

I'd like to think 2 main reasons he came here. 1) The defense is his complete control. He definitely wasn't going to get that in Seattle and maybe not Baltimore.
2) Wilson and Carthon have a really strong relationship. This was probably in the works before we landed our HC
I would imagine he'd have full control in Baltimore, plus the added bonus of knowing the team, his relationship with the HC, and already commanding respect with his track record. This feels more like the Harbaugh was willing to let him walk. Oh and also not having to move.

I hope you're right though.

Someone else is next in line. They will hire from within

Similar to the Pats and Mayo

I would say we have one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back