Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
agreed could have him on the field when not a primary target in the run game... I mean they 'could' do that

IMO they would still key on DH22

but we will never know cause I dont suspect vrable gonna change a damn thing cause that is the way he is

iu

iu

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, I just don't think I can ever truly believe my team is a legit superbowl contender until we actually take care of business against the bottom of divisions and backup QB's. There are just too many of these letdown games in the past few years for me to think we have arrived. We were one of the worst teams in the NFL this week. It's hard to believe that we can do that and still make a superbowl run. I am always a fan, but this repeated letdown against inferior opponents is just something I think this team has to overcome before I can take any Champinship contender talk seriously.

For me, I simply want to see us dominate a team. I mean really dominate. When we win, it always seems to come down to the last drive. Championship teams dominate teams like the Jets. AJ and Julio aren't the whole team. This game showed how bad our depth is.

Taking Henry out on 3rd and short is the dumbest thing I have ever seen us do!

Unfortunately this isn't something new to this season. I watched the playoff loss to the Ravens last year with a buddy who is a Ravens fan, and I told him to watch how many times BDH WASN'T in the game on 2nd and 3rd & short. He couldn't believe it.

You realize those two statements are not mutually exclusive...?

Yeah I mean it totally makes sense for people to complain about his workload but think he should have played even more snaps.

And if you’re apart of the even dumber crowd who thinks we should take our best player off the field more in a game we are trying to win… well cant help you there.

Yeah I mean it totally makes sense for people to complain about his workload but think he should have played even more snaps.

And if you’re apart of the even dumber crowd who thinks we should take our best player off the field more in a game we are trying to win… well cant help you there.

Ah, I see. Perhaps I gave you too much credit initially. Here's a hint, in a game where BDH had 30+ carries, I'd rather see McNichols in more 2nd-and-15 situations if it means having Henry in more 3rd-and-less-than-3 situations. I apologize this had to be explained to you, but I'm happy to do it.

Ah, I see. Perhaps I gave you too much credit initially. Here's a hint, in a game where BDH had 30+ carries, I'd rather see McNichols in more 2nd-and-15 situations if it means having Henry in more 3rd-and-less-than-3 situations. I apologize this had to be explained to you, but I'm happy to do it.

Go ahead and break down the snap count of 2nd and 15 vs 3rd and 3 from the game Sunday or us, please. I’ll wait.

Pulling made up scenarios out of thin air to try and prove a point is weird hill to die on.

Hint: you are going to be very surprised to see how many 2nd down snaps McNichols actually played, especially when we were in 2nd and long.

Go ahead and break down the snap count of 2nd and 15 vs 3rd and 3 from the game Sunday or us, please. I’ll wait.

Pulling made up scenarios out of thin air to try and prove a point is weird hill to die on.

Make up scenarios? So... Henry WAS on the field during those multiple 3rd-and-short plays? I and everyone else here are just imagining that was McNichols?

Yes, I am complaining about his workload. But yes, I want him in the game when it makes sense for him to be in the game. Maybe you've never heard of this term but it's called 'situational football.' If that means having another RB on the field elsewhere in the game, that's fine. If you were an NFL head coach with an in-his-prime Jerry Rice or Randy Moss, would you take them out of game on a 3rd-and-15 play?

Geez. You should start paying me tuition for this level of schooling...

Make up scenarios? So... Henry WAS on the field during those multiple 3rd-and-short plays? I and everyone else here are just imagining that was McNichols?

Yes, I am complaining about his workload. But yes, I want him in the game when it makes sense for him to be in the game. Maybe you've never heard of this term but it's called 'situational football.' If that means having another RB on the field elsewhere in the game, that's fine. If you were an NFL head coach with an in-his-prime Jerry Rice or Randy Moss, would you take them out of game on a 3rd-and-15 play?

Geez. You should start paying me tuition for this level of schooling...

Lol pay you tuition? Always looking for a handout I assume… I asked you to go ahead and list the snap counts for 2nd and long and 3rd and short. But you didn’t do that because you quickly realized your point was ruined. McNichols played a lot of 2nd down snaps. Especially in the 2nd half and especially on 2nd and longs. It happened. Go back and look it up.

You are complaining about something not happening that did in fact happen. But don’t let facts get in the way of a keyboard Warrior!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back