Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main problem with the roster right now is the drafting of first round picks. Last year's pick is already gone and this year's is still inactive every game. That's the real problem.

We really have no depth. Pass rush is horrible. Jenkins acts like he doesn't know where he is supposed to line up at while playing man much less. Our TE's wouldn't make another teams roster just like most of our WR's. The past two years we have no production out of the draft picks. And really that's sad you have two drafts and nobody has produced. Hell look at the last ten years, how many players got a second contract. That's why the roster especially the depth is where it's at and will be the reason we never make the step to be a upper echelon team. Plus we got in salary cap hell and have nothing to show for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
We really have no depth. Pass rush is horrible. Jenkins acts like he doesn't know where he is supposed to line up at while playing man much less. Our TE's wouldn't make another teams roster just like most of our WR's. The past two years we have no production out of the draft picks. And really that's sad you have two drafts and nobody has produced. Hell look at the last ten years, how many players got a second contract. That's why the roster especially the depth is where it's at and will be the reason we never make the step to be a upper echelon team. Plus we got in salary cap hell and have nothing to show for it.
Depth requires your leaders to show up.

If our "good players" merely showed up, the depth would blossom. How all teams operate, really outside of a few instances.

But our leaders have vanished. Everyone has regressed.

Byard has been a ghost for 2 seasons straight. Since he got paid- he went from being involved on every play- to never being around the ball at all.

Rashaan Evans looked like he was gonna actually be a stud. Nope. Vanished as well.

Simmons and Landry show up here and there but are mia too often considering their talent and now having help with Autry (who actually plays well and shows heart)

On offense, any team that loses their top 3 WRs is gonna be trash on offense.

But we have 3 guys that are glass and probably wont ever see the field together at the same time.

Without a pass rush, every secondary will look bad. So there's that... again.

But mostly our coaches. They don't coach to the team's strengths. Ever. Vrabel is a great "players coach" but he's god awful at game planning and his ego/loyalties will kill the team the same exact way Mularkeys did.

Team just has a shit ton of issues.

Just to reiterate that the Titans are on pace to give up 70-85 sacks this year.

That is before Lewan quits to podcast full-time, Saffold is moved to IR for being made of glass, Jones heads to IR as 10% of the playbook is having Tannehill piggyback him for short 1st downs, and Radunz comes in and shows JRs incompetence at picking linemen.

Could be on for a triple digit sack season.

Just watched some of the keys plays again. So many issues with this team…

Defensively our DBs are still giving up insane 10+ yard cushions and even then we were beaten over the top several times. I HATE the soft shell we constantly line up in. We should have crowded LOS against a rookie QB like the Jets did.

Offensively the pass protection is unbelievably bad, but even when we have got a throw off, we’ve been plagued with untimely drops and penalties.

Not to put it on one person when the whole team crapped the bed but Firkser dropped the game in hindsight, that was an absolute strike by Tanny, in stride, would have been a walk off TD.

Reynolds also had two huge drops. McNicols also dropped that huge screen on 3rd and 4 (where was DH for the biggest play of the game!?)

It seems we are finding ways to NOT make plays and fall apart in key moments unless it’s BDH.

Long road ahead but this is not a good football team right now.

I'd like to see the Reynolds "drops" again. I think the first would have been like a Sportscenter Top 10 catch and I think the 2nd one was a miss by Tammy. He had to reroute and the CB was all over him. But I only got the quick in game looks.

Hasn’t been brought up too much but Rogers getting the whistle blown on him was kind of BS too considering how long the jets TD run got before a whistle.

May have been a “cheap” TD, but I don’t think anyone was gong after him after that initial contact.
I couldn’t possibly put this game on the refs though. That post above says it all, 4 guys with 6+ pressures, 7 sacks. That OL did the offense in and the D couldn’t do enough to stop a rookie.

Fact of the matter is that the Jets got a little better and we got a little worse. They got Crowder back and we lost Julio and AJ. It does make a big difference. And any given Sunday… I hate to see the Titans come up with an L, but it was an exciting game to watch.

We certainly have things to work out and we definitely played a bad game but I still think this is a good team.

This was a pretty classic trap game and we were dealing with significant injuries pre-game and dealt with a bunch of O-line injuries during the game. I think if we weren't completely out of time in OT, we'd have run our normal offense and won. Obviously, we don't want to be winning games in OT against the Jets but we've all watched enough to know that the NFL is crazy. The Ravens should have lost to the Lions last week. The Saints lost to the Giants at home. It happens.

All that being said, the battle in the trenches yesterday is a big concern. Wilson was getting sacked 5 times per game and we sacked him once. We allowed 21 pressures to a team that had 21 pressures all season. This game really reminded me of the Bengals game last year in terms of how we played. The O-line hasn't convinced me this year but I thought that the D was making strides so that was disappointing.

We certainly have things to work out and we definitely played a bad game but I still think this is a good team.

This was a pretty classic trap game and we were dealing with significant injuries pre-game and dealt with a bunch of O-line injuries during the game. I think if we weren't completely out of time in OT, we'd have run our normal offense and won. Obviously, we don't want to be winning games in OT against the Jets but we've all watched enough to know that the NFL is crazy. The Ravens should have lost to the Lions last week. The Saints lost to the Giants at home. It happens.

All that being said, the battle in the trenches yesterday is a big concern. Wilson was getting sacked 5 times per game and we sacked him once. We allowed 21 pressures to a team that had 21 pressures all season. This game really reminded me of the Bengals game last year in terms of how we played. The O-line hasn't convinced me this year but I thought that the D was making strides so that was disappointing.

We actually had 16 QB hurries on 34 passes to their 21 hurries on 49 passes. We just didn't get sacks.

Did Downing make any adjustments? Seemed it was consistent ‘run, run, sack’ most of the day.
Why not chip block with TEs? Or try Henry & McNichols in the backfield on shotgun sets? Or more FB sets (our FBs had 5 snaps between them) to help in pass protection?
Just brutal. Tanny will get hurt at this rate..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back