Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing we didn't give Hartwig those numbers. More proof that teams are just throwing money at these cats. Most of these guys are only moderate talents, and they're getting some big bucks. Shows you it's great to be a player in a talent-stricken FA pool.

Something just doesn't fit here, really. Hartwig says he wanted to stay in Nashville and wanted to give the titans a chance to match. But then it's reported that we offered him a "compatible" (comparable?) deal by the Titans and he turned it down. Those 2 stories just don't jibe.

Personally, I don't think we offered him that much money (and why would we have. really?). But that's just my guess.

There was lots of talk about how the locker room was a problem because of a lack of vets on the team which likely means many of the players took issue with how the Titans babied Pacman last year.

Starkiller said:
Something just doesn't fit here, really. Hartwig says he wanted to stay in Nashville and wanted to give the titans a chance to match. But then it's reported that we offered him a "compatible" (comparable?) deal by the Titans and he turned it down. Those 2 stories just don't jibe.

I got the impression that he wanted an offer from the Titans before free agency started, and he felt slighted that we didnt consider him enough of a priority to do that.

None of us wanted him at even half the price he actually got. But if that were the case, why did he even give the Titans a chance to match in the first place?

Starkiller said:
But if that were the case, why did he even give the Titans a chance to match in the first place?

I think "chance to match" is code for "I'll stay if you BEAT this offer."

The people I tailgate with are friends with the Rolle's, so they met Justin a couple times. They HATED him. Said he was an arrogant (bad word).

I think he was lucky to be in the league and a product of Munchak's coaching. I think if Bell can snap the ball he would be an upgrade or as I posted before Sirmon for Faine with Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back