Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
The Titans are not in the best spot cap wise. In terms of effective cap space the Titans an estimated $3.6m in the hole. that is with key people needing to be re-signed at several positions.

Some monies can be pushed to 2022 to save 21 space but 22 is not looking great either. In 22 the Titans will have an estimated $51.6 million in space, which sounds like a lot but that puts them in the bottom quarter of the league. And, there will be several key positions to be re-signed.

NFL Salary Cap Space | Over The Cap

Let's look at what can be cut:

Malcolm Butler (most targeted DB in the league) -- net $12.6m with $2m in dead space
Roget Saffold (We can always get a guard in the first round) - net $10.5 with $2.3m in dead space
Adam "My Humps" Humphrey (Better to keep Davis) -- net $8.7m with $2.5m in dead space

Some others include Kenny Vaccaro, who could be cut if Hooker can be a viable replacement. Kelly would be a nice cut if we had someone who can take over at RT. But, unless they draft an RT in the first round we are best to stick with Kelly.

Tennessee Titans Salary Cap Calculator | Over The Cap

We just drafted a RT in the 1st! I think Wilson gets until TC to shape up....therefore we keep Kelly....Vaccaro can go, I do like Butler, would he restructure?

We just drafted a RT in the 1st! I think Wilson gets until TC to shape up....therefore we keep Kelly....Vaccaro can go, I do like Butler, would he restructure?

We did? Nah, that can't be right. Not with all the injuries we had at OT this year. If we had taken an RT in the first they would have moved Kelly to LT and played him at some point.

:sarcasm:

Was cap hit that hard due to covid? Or did the clowney Beasley mess put them behind? I could’ve sworn they were in great shape before signing clowney.

It looks like we have 6 mill according to over the cap, which you linked. And there is a chance the cap could be as high a 195, which would give us 20 mill more. I think we definitely see some restructuring. We need to fill close to 30 spots on the roster.

Was cap hit that hard due to covid? Or did the clowney Beasley mess put them behind? I could’ve sworn they were in great shape before signing clowney.

The only way that the Clowney/Beasley signings effect next years cap is that it decreased any possible cap roll-over...if we had not signed them then we could have rolled over that money to next year.

I don't blame JRob at all for those signings. Our biggest need was pass rush. He did not immediately over-pay for Clowney...he played hard ball and got him more at the price JRob wanted. He signed Beasley who was a young edge rusher who he was hoping would be perfect as a situational rusher....both were failures.

My complaint to JRob is that he knew both were 1 yr deals and thus we would be looking again this offseason for pass rush help....he should have drafted a pass rusher as well.

Any chance humphries retires? Would that take his entire salary off the cap if he does?
Hump could retire but that does not help us cap wise. Still have to take the hit for the rest of his guaranteed money, but could space it over 2 years similar to a post June 1 cap cut I believe

For gaining cap space, I'd look to re-structure Lewan, Butler, Byard...

Butler was our best CB this year...he played with heart and actually made some plays. I would feel better about cutting Adoree and saving that 10mil with no dead money. I at least know that Butler will show up and compete. I would try to re-sign King... Go with Butler, Fulton, King....over Jackson, Fulton, King

When can we cut byard with it being financially viable? I think he was literally our worst defender this season.

For this season probs vaccaro, hump, and butler. Hopefully butler will restructure cause he's pretty good actually

The Titans are not in the best spot cap wise. In terms of effective cap space the Titans an estimated $3.6m in the hole. that is with key people needing to be re-signed at several positions.

Some monies can be pushed to 2022 to save 21 space but 22 is not looking great either. In 22 the Titans will have an estimated $51.6 million in space, which sounds like a lot but that puts them in the bottom quarter of the league. And, there will be several key positions to be re-signed.

NFL Salary Cap Space | Over The Cap

Let's look at what can be cut:

Malcolm Butler (most targeted DB in the league) -- net $12.6m with $2m in dead space
Roget Saffold (We can always get a guard in the first round) - net $10.5 with $2.3m in dead space
Adam "My Humps" Humphrey (Better to keep Davis) -- net $8.7m with $2.5m in dead space

Some others include Kenny Vaccaro, who could be cut if Hooker can be a viable replacement. Kelly would be a nice cut if we had someone who can take over at RT. But, unless they draft an RT in the first round we are best to stick with Kelly.

Tennessee Titans Salary Cap Calculator | Over The Cap

In order to get better you suggest we cut our best DB and best OL from 2020? What?

Saffold was one of the best guards in football and your solution is to “draft a guard in the 1st round” lmao good lord. Make it stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back