Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to get better you suggest we cut our best DB and best OL from 2020? What?

Saffold was one of the best guards in football and your solution is to “draft a guard in the 1st round” lmao good lord. Make it stop.

We need the money and you can always get Guards. Money is better spent where it is not so easy to get a good player in FA or with a low first round pick.

And there is a reason Butler was the most targeted DB in the NFL. QBs loved to pick on him, and you think he is worth all that money?

It looks like we have 6 mill according to over the cap, which you linked. And there is a chance the cap could be as high a 195, which would give us 20 mill more. I think we definitely see some restructuring. We need to fill close to 30 spots on the roster.

Take a look at the "Effective cap space" column :(

We need the money and you can always get Guards. Money is better spent where it is not so easy to get a good player in FA or with a low first round pick.

And there is a reason Butler was the most targeted DB in the NFL. QBs loved to pick on him, and you think he is worth all that money?
Marlon Humphrey was the 2nd most targeted CB..I found that surprising

We actually don’t know where they are cap wise. No sense getting too tense until the owners decide that number.

That is why it is an estimated number. We do have a pretty good idea. And, regardless of what the cap number is, we will have to make a lot of adjustments to re-sign key FA and improve the team.

It is not like we are magically going to end up with a ton of cap space.

Again since Adoree has been back, has he made a play? He has looked worse than the random DB's we were throwing out there in his place!

Sunday all he had to do was turn around and play the ball and he either saves a TD or could have made the INT. Maybe he never got healthy because he sure did not look as fast to me.

“You can always get guards”. Oh you mean like Chance Warmack?

You realize most targeted and snaps played is a direct correlation. Marlon Humohreys was the 2nd most targeted and he just signed a massive deal.

I've not crunched the numbers but I anticipate Hump, Vaccaro, Saffold and Butler are possibly released. Jonnu, Jones, Jayon and Davis will be allowed to enter free agency but the Titans might have a shot to get one or more back on cap-friendly deals.

Butler had a solid season but I think they'll want to move Fulton outside and try and keep King in the slot if they can afford him. Maybe Butler would restructure and allow the Titans to use Fulton in the slot a season. They'll sign Sambrailo for depth and there are quite a few other guys set to become UFAs the Titans should be able to keep as depth. Keeping Firkser as a RFA is a no-brainer.

But that leaves major holes at WR, G, TE, SS, DL and CB.

I know JRob has some tough choices to make. The window of having Henry in his prime, Brown cheap and Tanny still playing at a high level might be only another two seasons. After that, Brown will take a massive contract (or be franchised) to keep which means JRob can't be whiffing on the draft and free agency like he did this year because the Titans may not have the option to afford high-dollar free agents.

That is why it is an estimated number. We do have a pretty good idea. And, regardless of what the cap number is, we will have to make a lot of adjustments to re-sign key FA and improve the team.

It is not like we are magically going to end up with a ton of cap space.
No, but there is a difference in 6 mil and 20 mil. You can’t really estimate from guesses. Until that number is actually set, all speculation is meaningless. It will be a challenge regardless and I don’t see how we avoid restructuring some deals and losing some guys we want to keep. Most teams will be in the same boat though.

Look at who is opposite Humphrey.

Meanwhile, Butler had trash opposite him and opposing QBs still targeted him. What does that tell us?

When good CBs are “targeted” it usually means they are covering the better receivers and QBs are going to look for the better receivers.

Again since Adoree has been back, has he made a play? He has looked worse than the random DB's we were throwing out there in his place!

Sunday all he had to do was turn around and play the ball and he either saves a TD or could have made the INT. Maybe he never got healthy because he sure did not look as fast to me.
JRob can't just look at a rusty Adoree who might be far from 100%. Anyway, his contract is guaranteed. No savings to release him.

Same for Butler. He had a solid season but how about his first with the Titans? Very mediocre and many here questioned the signing. He was playing much better last year before the injury but nothing like this season.

Point being, I think you have to look at the big picture. +$10.2M to the cap is quite a savings unless the Titans think they'll get the same production next season they did this year from him.

“You can always get guards”. Oh you mean like Chance Warmack?

You realize most targeted and snaps played is a direct correlation. Marlon Humohreys was the 2nd most targeted and he just signed a massive deal.

Look, gotta get money somewhere. If we do not cut any of these guys then we will not be able to re-sign most key FA, much less sign an outside FA. Which means the team will be worse next year.

I know JRob has some tough choices to make. The window of having Henry in his prime, Brown cheap and Tanny still playing at a high level might be only another two seasons

And this is why the Titans need to act now

This is all considering the cap doesn't go down or do we already know by how much if it is?

Either way, we are not going to be in a good spot. There were always going to be tough decisions to make this offseason.

Also, the Colts and Jags are flush with cap space.

Look, gotta get money somewhere. If we do not cut any of these guys then we will not be able to re-sign most key FA, much less sign an outside FA. Which means the team will be worse next year.

And this is why the Titans need to act now

Either way, we are not going to be in a good spot. There were always going to be tough decisions to make this offseason.

Also, the Colts and Jags are flush with cap space.

Plenty of ways to clear money without cutting your best players.

Cap space doesn’t equal wins. Relax.

It’s some amazing to me that people on this board want us to sign every FA and get mad when we have leftover cap space and then they want to turn around and cut everyone for more cap space.

When can we cut byard with it being financially viable? I think he was literally our worst defender this season.

For this season probs vaccaro, hump, and butler. Hopefully butler will restructure cause he's pretty good actually

Savings would only be $3.5m, with an $11.5m hit to the cap.

You can do a June first cut to push most of that to next year, but as it is they are going to have to push a lot to next year

It’s some amazing to me that people on this board want us to sign every FA and get mad when we have leftover cap space and then they want to turn around and cut everyone for more cap space.

Nowhere did I say I want to "Sign every single FA"

I do though want to re-sign a lot of our free agents. Which include Cory Davis, Jayon Brown, Jonnu Smith.

Butler our best player? LOL, being the best defender on the Titans is like being the smartest kid with Down syndrome. He is badly overpaid and that money can be better used elsewhere. Cut him, unless he takes a big pay cut.

Like it or not, the cap is a thing. Successful teams know to cut overpaid players.

Buckle up, that’s only gonna get worse the next couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back