Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those two players give us the biggest cap savings and are overpaid.

These are the positions that need to be addressed as we do not have a starter under contract at them. If we go with your plan, there will be very little money to address them:

• Starting WR
  • Starting TE
  • 2 starting DL
  • Starting OLB/Edge
  • Starting ILB
  • Kicker
You want to fill those positions with low value FA and rookies, then we get worse next year

Hahahaha we don’t have a starting WR?!

Or the cap. When does that happen?
I can’t find the date, but almost everything I’ve read seems to think the cap will not drop all the way down to 175 mil, but may be able to stay the same at 198 mil due to financial losses being less than anticipated. The damage that could occur in the drastic a reduction is apparently being weighed now. Fingers crossed.

I'd get pretty pissed if the NFL dropped the cap. There is no justification. Their profits are down from what they anticipated but they didn't LOSE money. They still gained billions.
NFLPA should make a deal about it too since the upcoming FA would likely lose money because teams don't have as much to spend.
Not saying it needs to increase but no way should it decrease.

We're gonna lose some players that I'd like to keep this offseason. I think Johnnu is gone. Love to keep him but if pockets get tight, he's at a deep position and to me, doesn't offer anything over Firkser.
I'd like to keep Butler around and resign CD if possible but if Humphries isn't calling it quits, that's gonna be a large chunk invested into a #2 and #3 WR behind Brown.
Jayon Brown had a down season. Again, love to keep him, but he may have to get replaced. AJ25 played well enough before this season to avoid cutting him. Not justifying his weak play this year, but he came back late, have no idea how much he was injured and may have improved with more time. Agree he's not a "shutdown" but he's pretty good.
Butler, King, and AJ25 should be an excellent secondary. Byard remove head from a$$h0le. Vaccaro may be a cap casualty as well. Hooker better be ready to step up.

DL/pass rush still needs to be the focal point of the draft/FA.
I like the OL depth for the most part. Quesenberry isn't great but he isn't supposed to be a starter. Brewer may become a starter, we still have "possibility" out of Wilson and Sambrailo played well before he got hurt.

I can’t find the date, but almost everything I’ve read seems to think the cap will not drop all the way down to 175 mil, but may be able to stay the same at 198 mil due to financial losses being less than anticipated. The damage that could occur in the drastic a reduction is apparently being weighed now. Fingers crossed.

league played every game. The ticket sales revenue is essentially insignificant in proportion to league revenue generated from TV contracts. I anticipate a symbolic drop in cap only unless the owners are seeking advantage. And although they can be greedy, I don't think they'd be that short sighted (stupid).

We're gonna lose some players that I'd like to keep this offseason. I think Johnnu is gone. Love to keep him but if pockets get tight, he's at a deep position and to me, doesn't offer anything over Firkser.
I'd like to keep Butler around and resign CD if possible but if Humphries isn't calling it quits, that's gonna be a large chunk invested into a #2 and #3 WR behind Brown.
Jayon Brown had a down season. Again, love to keep him, but he may have to get replaced. AJ25 played well enough before this season to avoid cutting him. Not justifying his weak play this year, but he came back late, have no idea how much he was injured and may have improved with more time. Agree he's not a "shutdown" but he's pretty good.
Butler, King, and AJ25 should be an excellent secondary. Byard remove head from a$$h0le. Vaccaro may be a cap casualty as well. Hooker better be ready to step up.

DL/pass rush still needs to be the focal point of the draft/FA.
I like the OL depth for the most part. Quesenberry isn't great but he isn't supposed to be a starter. Brewer may become a starter, we still have "possibility" out of Wilson and Sambrailo played well before he got hurt.

F*ck AJ25. He barely played this year AND when he did, he didn't do jack. And he hasn't been better than average since he's been here. Not even at returns. We drafted him for his "duality".

He can be EASILY replaced.

Id like keep Jonnu, JBrown, CDavis and Butler (restructure). Firkser gives us just as much as Jonnu though.
Adoree is not worth 10 mil, restructure him too.
CD isn't worth anything more than 6-8 mil

There's a reason why brisket was replaced by rivers corpse and was only ever brought onto the field to sneak the ball lol
I never said he was the answer... I said the Colts were formidable even with Brisset at QB.

That's how solid a team they are.

And yes, barely losing 5 games and EASILY winning the others makes you a formidable team.

Basic stats mean nothing without context.

F*ck AJ25. He barely played this year AND when he did, he didn't do jack. And he hasn't been better than average since he's been here. Not even at returns. We drafted him for his "duality".

He can be EASILY replaced.
Id like keep Jonnu, JBrown, CDavis and Butler (restructure). Firkser gives us just as much as Jonnu though.
Adoree is not worth 10 mil, restructure him too.
CD isn't worth anything more than 6-8 mil
If 10 Mil is what AJ25 is about to cost us, then I fully agree he either needs to go or restructure to a pretty significant pay cut.

I never said he was the answer... I said the Colts were formidable even with Brisset at QB.

That's how solid a team they are.

And yes, barely losing 5 games and EASILY winning the others makes you a formidable team.

Basic stats mean nothing without context.
I see Brissett as pretty underrated too. Not great by any means, but a decent QB and far from one of those "auto losses" when he plays.

If 10 Mil is what AJ25 is about to cost us, then I fully agree he either needs to go or restructure to a pretty significant pay cut.
10.2 is his 2021 cap hit, that was the 5th year option so I assume the intent is to restructure into a long term deal if they believe he is the CB we drafted.

Look at who is opposite Humphrey.

Meanwhile, Butler had trash opposite him and opposing QBs still targeted him. What does that tell us?

I wish it was that simple

break it down more and look at who Butler was covering

if he is playing against teams WR1, they are going to target them regardless

that’s why dudes like Sherman get heat, they only play one side of the field

Not even really sure what we're arguing with Butler. He's easily our best DB and probably one of the league's best in a league where all the advantage goes to QB/WR. Keep him on the team, just work the best team friendly contract as possible.

Notable 2021 cap hits

Tannehill 29.5
Byard 15
Butler 14.2
Lewan 13.7
Saffold 12.4
Jackson 10.2
Humphries 9.75
Henry 13.5
Vaccaro 7.0
Ben Jones 7.25

We could restructure Butler, Jackson, Saffold, Byard

Cut Vaccaro, Ben Jones?

Could Tannehill and Henry restructure to give team cap relief on their new deals?

Notable 2021 cap hits

Tannehill 29.5
Byard 15
Butler 14.2
Lewan 13.7
Saffold 12.4
Jackson 10.2
Humphries 9.75
Henry 13.5
Vaccaro 7.0
Ben Jones 7.25

We could restructure Butler, Jackson, Saffold, Byard

Cut Vaccaro, Ben Jones?

Could Tannehill and Henry restructure to give team cap relief on their new deals?
Byard owes money back from his performance this year.
Saffold is way over paid for what he offers. Either get to half that or he should go, let Brewer step up.
Vaccaro can go. Like him, but if guys need cut to save money, he's expendable.
Humphries has been discussed, too expensive but cap hit if cut.
Can't expect THill or Henry would restructure because they both just got their contracts.

And unless someone is ready to replace Ben Jones, he's a keeper to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back