Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: For the first time since 1986, the Tennessee Titans did not produce an 100-yard rusher in a season on the way to finishing 23rd in rushing offense in the league. With changes coming in the offensive line and possibly at the running back position, the future of the running game is uncertain. Chris Brown has one year remaining on his original contract but Travis Henry has a $4 million option bonus that must be exercised by March that would kick in the final four years of the contract. The Titans won't pay that so the Titans will have to renegotiate or release him. Whether it is Brown, Henry or even Reggie Bush if he were to be available at #3 in the NFL Draft, Coach Jeff Fisher sees improving the running game as a main focus this offseason. "With an offseason of experience and commitment and the fact that we'll be in the second year of our system, I expect things to improve significantly," Fisher said.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

I really think it says something about our O line when we have 2 top-tier RBs, and not one can get 100 yards a game. I think it shows in the passing game as well, as many sacks were given up. It's time for a change, Reggie Bush wouldn't have run well this year with this line.As bad as 2004 was, at least we could put together some offense. Jacob Bell needs to be starting next year, I know that much

or maybe it says something about the defense. we need to score 4 touchdowns a game to have a chance at winning.

chris brown had 5 games with 20+ carries, none of which were more than 22 carries.

travis didnt have any games with 20+ carries.

"running... game???"

"And if you ever breath another word of this mythical running game of yours, I'll have Jevon Kearse shoot you as a communist! Lord knows he has to do something around here to earn his pay..."

I'm not sold on Chris Brown, I just don't think he can handle it. I'm sure that's why they brought in Henry. Henry didn't have his head in the game because of his off-field problem. Next year, if we don't bring in a high draft pick RB, I think we need to go with Henry and Nash. Yes I would rather keep Nash than Brown.
________
Brunette Latina

Starkiller said:
"running... game???"

"And if you ever breath another word of this mythical running game of yours, I'll have Jevon Kearse shoot you as a communist! Lord knows he has to do something around here to earn his pay..."

i loved that bit. :ha:

I'm a Chris Brown Supporter myself. I'd like to see him get all the carries, and this idea that he's injury prone is real, but damn, it is the NFL. People get hurt. I think he's more explosive than Domanick Davis for example. Which would put him in the top half of running backs. It just seems like he never gets the carries to prove himself.

I think that he (brown) has indeed proved himself. Unfortunatly what he has proved is that he is a 2.2 ypc runner with an occasional 15 yarder thrown in to "pad" his stats.

elfinmagic53 said:
I like Chris on a personal level, but Travis is probably going to be the better back in the long run.
Ok. Do you work at Baptists Sports Park or something? It's evident that you are on a first name basis with Lamont Thompson. Now you like Chris on a personal level...? What exactly to you mean by that? As a bystander or fan? Are you saying Chris carries emotion in his face while Travis is cold?

it's all good, and yes Travis is going to be a better back in the long run.

This year, CB's last year...
RIDE HIM HARD AND HANG HIM UP WET.

His contract is about up and I say we get our monies worth.
Don't say that to loud around Soxcat but CB has got skills.
He knows. His mama knows it. His hoochie knows it.
It's all good. Give us more.

We need the next Bush to go with our Young.
Henry a Titan in '07...it could happen.

I just hope Henry is in the Weight room, or on the track getting in the best shape of his carrier. Him and brown have to know that the starting spot will be up for grabs come Camp time. They can hopefully make each other better.

We should find out Kansas City's asking price for Priest Holmes. He's coming off an injury plagued season, and the new coach in town (Edwards) has already named Larry Johnson the starter. I don't see it financially possible for the Titans to get him, but we should at least consider. I don't think Priest wants to be a backup for the rest of his career in KC.

The problem is Holmes is in his last year or so anyway. The rest of his career isn't going to be very long.

I'm kinda confused by BIPOLAR's comment. I'm a big CB supporter. CB just has to be utilized on plays that give him the best opportunity to succeed. We saw what he can do as a reciever. Brown is never going to be like Eddie George. Also, Brown had a great YPC last year and I doubt he suddenly started stinking this year. Our OL has to improve.

Soxcat said:
We saw what he can do as a reciever.

He didn't do anything spectacular as a receiver. He got two long plays where there was no one around to tackle him, but other than some well executed screens, that's about it. He doesn't have great hands. I don't think we'll see him being a big time receiving threat like LT, Barber, or James. I think he's just an average receiver. But he can be an excellent blocker on passing plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back