Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should have weighed him after yesterday's practices. If was running sprints and all in that heat, he could have surely shed about ten pounds.

I hope he was renting ...

Nash was a bit of a problem child last year...he was almost certain to be gone. Still you would think he would want to try a little harder, just to have a chance to get picked up by someone else.

Good luck damien...

Your stupidity just cost you any chance at an NFL career. Who the hell wants a player with fringe ability that is too lazy to to report to camp in reasonable shape. Or too dumb to know the consequences.

You are done pal. Say goodbye to $550,000 a year and join the grunt workforce.

Exxon is hiring clerks for $7.25 an hour and you may even get a free hotdog and coke to go with it.

What a moron! What a loser!:wave:

Nash was basically a goner after the Titans drafted another RB this year IMO.
I still cannot understand why we drafted him to begin with especially with a 5th round pick.

This guy must have had a terrible attitude and the sooner he's gone the better. White was injured and overweight at the combine, USC's Pro Day and OTA's but came into camp under his weight and it sounds like as well conditioned as possible under the circumstances. One guy gets a big pay day the other is looking for a job. ATTITUDE does make the difference. Good riddance!

If I'm remembering correctly, Nash's college highlight reel wasn't even impressive, not to mention he thought he knew more than his coaches. This entire experiment is just a mystery to me.

bulluck4dMVP said:
I think gardner suprises and makes the team....he's looked good so far...

there's training camp, then there's the season. Big difference. Gardner has sukked eggs the past two years. Unless he stands out in preseason games, arrivederci

The weight issue kind of makes this comment from his Titans Online profile seem funny...

"The compact, shifty runner possesses excellent balance and good field vision, allowing him to slice through tight rushing lanes"

Hit it while you can!

As the August sun rose over Memorial Stadium and the Missouri football team Wednesday morning, thoughts of the colossal disappointment of last season were a distant memory.

After all, it had been nearly a year since the Tigers went from preseason Top 25, to one of the biggest lemons in the Big 12 Conference. Nearly a year since running back Damien Nash publically critized his coaches’ play-calling, sparking a media frenzy and hurting team morale.
columbiamissourian.com more...

Weight problem is a joke. I mean an NFL player can lose almost 5 pounds either way every day. So that's just an excuse to unload him. Like someone said, White played his rose bowl overweight, and then everyone says maybe that is his best playing weight. Oh he lost weight. Oh he gained weight. It's all kind of a joke to me. Chris Browns weight gain is ok. But Nash is detrimental. Good or bad weight gain is a joke at this level. 15 pounds is nothing. It would be gone before 2-3 weeks if not less. Maybe 20-30 lbs you say ok I've got a problem because he won't be ready for the season opener. I think he got cut for other reasons.

And another from that article...

“People have begun to kind of pick up on the program, accepting it and embracing it,” Simpson said. “We got rid of a few of our problem childs, and it’s pretty much good now. Attitudes have changed around here.”

PhiSlammaJamma said:
Weight problem is a joke. I mean an NFL player can lose almost 5 pounds either way every day.....

The issue here is the attitude not the weight. How can u show up to camp out of shape and overweight, knowing that there are 3 rb´s fighting for the starting spot and 3 more to make the team. :irked:

Nash had no chance but....

He could have done some things that would have given other teams a reason to consider him. Showing up 20lbs overweight with poor aerobic conditioning won't impress anyone. What if we end up trading brown after?

For the titans it is a nice message.

The difference between an average paycheck vs the nfl minimum is pretty significant. Even for a college graduate which nash is not. It says a lot about him and none of it good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back