Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your services Roger! The caveat here is some team will sign him to a decent size contract due to name recognition and a recent pro-bowl trip ... he hasn't been healthy but someone will pay up.

Regardless these moves we expected - must mean Lewan is safe for another year? Which I am all for.

According to spotrac, we are 4.8 million under the cap now. Expect Jenkins to be next. That would move us to 11.7 million. Gotta creative if we're gonna add much in FA. Hopefully they re-structure Cunningham. Maybe Byard, Henry. Tanne would create the most space, but then he's harder to move next year.

According to spotrac, we are 4.8 million under the cap now. Expect Jenkins to be next. That would move us to 11.7 million. Gotta creative if we're gonna add much in FA. Hopefully they re-structure Cunningham. Maybe Byard, Henry. Tanne would create the most space, but then he's harder to move next year.
Byard and Tanny were just restructured. Plus, no chance you want to guarantee more of Tanny's contract and increase your possible future dead cap with all the uncertainty around his performance. That would be a huge gamble.

Cunningham makes sense, but honestly, he's really expensive for a MLB. Top 5 contract.

Henry would probably be more of an extension than a restructure. I believe only his first two years were guaranteed and his price now would be lower than he expected when he signed.

We'll see what JRob does. He's been creatively successful up this point.

Byard and Tanny were just restructured. Plus, no chance you want to guarantee more of Tanny's contract and increase your possible future dead cap with all the uncertainty around his performance. That would be a huge gamble.

Cunningham makes sense, but honestly, he's really expensive for a MLB. Top 5 contract.

Henry would probably be more of an extension than a restructure. I believe only his first two years were guaranteed and his price now would be lower than he expected when he signed.

We'll see what JRob does. He's been creatively successful up this point.

After last years restructure Tannehill will be our QB for that entire contract.

Henry and Lewan will probably be restructured if I had to guess. Maybe Cunningham as well but I thought he was only on a 1 year deal. Over the cap shoes he has 3 years left on the contract.

After last years restructure Tannehill will be our QB for that entire contract.

Henry and Lewan will probably be restructured if I had to guess. Maybe Cunningham as well but I thought he was only on a 1 year deal. Over the cap shoes he has 3 years left on the contract.
Right, which is why you wouldn't restructure Tanny and extend the handcuff or increase the penalty if performance falls.

Lewan hasn't lived up to his contract, although it is relatively fair at this point. I wouldn't want to restructure it, unless it comes with an extension but with a average yearly pay cut.

Right, which is why you wouldn't restructure Tanny and extend the handcuff or increase the penalty if performance falls.

Lewan hasn't lived up to his contract, although it is relatively fair at this point. I wouldn't want to restructure it, unless it comes with an extension but with a average yearly pay cut.

No you missed the point. You can’t “extend the handcuff” anymore on RT. He’s got a high dead cap number next year as well. So the damage has already been done there. I don’t think they will do it, but it doesn’t really change his future outlook here.

Lewan is the 10th highest paid OT. I don’t think that’s a bad deal at all. He missed a year due to injury and was working his way back this year. Conklin wasn’t great coming off his ACL either. Then he was back to All Pro.

Here is RT17’s contract

Jones is about to turn 33. Probably doesn’t have a lot left. Can’t invest a lot of money in him.

Im more than ok with then signing him to a 2 or 3 year deal, not asking for a big lengthy deal. Hoping he holds it down a couple more years and radunz becomes a starter next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back