Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jones was very good for us last yr...I don’t see him getting cut...this is his contract yr and we know how guys always seem to ball out with that extra added incentive of hitting FA

Jones was an unsung hero last year. I saw a lot of stats that implied he was double-teamed a LOT and enabled other guys to get open and make plays.

Jones was an unsung hero last year. I saw a lot of stats that implied he was double-teamed a LOT and enabled other guys to get open and make plays.

Big fan of DQ. He was the 3rd most double teamed DT in the league last year and still posted an above average win ratio. He quietly had a solid season and IMO underrated.

I know people have been talking about replacing him with Reader because he’s younger but why not keep both? The counter argument I got was well you can only play 3 DTs. That’s true but as we saw last year when Casey went down the DLine suffered significantly. The same happened with Simmons when he was out. Solid DTs are hard to come by in the NFL.

Jones,Reader(maybe),Simmons, and Casey could potentially be the best front in the league not to mention outstanding rotation/depth. Jrob could always restructure DQ $7mil and give him more guaranteed money to lower the hit if need be.

Now if the Titans want to pursue Reader and a heavy hitter like Clowney then all this changes but if you can keep both DTs I certainly would.

Big fan of DQ. He was the 3rd most double teamed DT in the league last year and still posted an above average win ratio. He quietly had a solid season and IMO underrated.

I know people have been talking about replacing him with Reader because he’s younger but why not keep both? The counter argument I got was well you can only play 3 DTs. That’s true but as we saw last year when Casey went down the DLine suffered significantly. The same happened with Simmons when he was out. Solid DTs are hard to come by in the NFL.

Jones,Reader(maybe),Simmons, and Casey could potentially be the best front in the league not to mention outstanding rotation/depth. Jrob could always restructure DQ $7mil and give him more guaranteed money to lower the hit if need be.

Now if the Titans want to pursue Reader and a heavy hitter like Clowney then all this changes but if you can keep both DTs I certainly would.

The problem is we used a first round pick on Simmons and have a lot of money invested in Casey and Jones. Reader is looking for around $12M a year reportedly. Who are you going to bench? That’s an expensive backup anyway you look at it.

The problem is we used a first round pick on Simmons and have a lot of money invested in Casey and Jones. Reader is looking for around $12M a year reportedly. Who are you going to bench? That’s an expensive backup anyway you look at it.
Yea youre not wrong, but Jones is barely good enough to keep his job so its understandable if we looked to upgrade

I think Reader is way down the list of priorities for JR, we dont often even use 3 d-linemen half the time. Keeping our own good players is the first order of business and a guy like Reader will go fast.

No way we are looking for a starter on the dline, unless we plan on getting rid of casey or jones which i don't see happening. We will be looking for depth, but no big money guys or high picks imo. We need to be spending our money on pass rushers and maybe cbs.

happy almost 2-weeks since Dion was cut everybody

giphy.gif

No way we are looking for a starter on the dline, unless we plan on getting rid of casey or jones which i don't see happening. We will be looking for depth, but no big money guys or high picks imo. We need to be spending our money on pass rushers and maybe cbs.
Well damn...

I'm happy with every move except trading Casey. Considering nothing has been done with the gained cap space yet, I'm not liking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back