Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if... Joseph is a bridge player to allow for cutting Butler for more cap space. Maybe they feel he could handle it this year. Just thinking out loud.

Zero chance. Butlers dead cap hit would be 12 million if we cut him. Next year we’d have a dead cap hit of 4 mil and save 10 if we cut him. This signing has nothing to do with Butler and more so solidified Fulton as the #3 with Joseph as the #4 and no Logan Ryan

I gotta say

Fulton/Joseph > Ryan/Sims

Don’t get me wrong, I love Logan and wish him the best. But he was getting to be a liability in coverage.

I remember JJ (Cincy) burning Steve McNair during Steve's stint with The Ravens on a Monday night game. Had to have been his rookie season.. That's how long he's been in the league..

Thry were childhood friends, supposedly Jadeveon has referred to Johnathan as a big brother who has given him advice during his NFL career.

Johnathan Joseph on friend Jadeveon Clowney

Hmm interesting. I didn't know that, but I think this signing was definitely a message to Clowney that we really want him here. This isn't the typical JRob signing so this had to of been part of the reason this deal got done.

A bit of a head scratch for me. I would think your trying to get younger and faster. I agreed with PK on 104.5 a while ago. We have plenty of vets in our secondary. But if it helps get Clowney in anyway I am in.

A bit of a head scratch for me. I would think your trying to get younger and faster. I agreed with PK on 104.5 a while ago. We have plenty of vets in our secondary. But if it helps get Clowney in anyway I am in.

Joseph will be CB4 at best. But last year we had both butler and adoree go down down the stretch. Depth is important.

Joseph will be CB4 at best. But last year we had both butler and adoree go down down the stretch. Depth is important.
I also think that we lost a lot of veteran presence on the team this offseason. Maybe JJ is there to provide more than just on field depth.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have Joseph as your fourth corner your secondary is in dang fine shape. We are stacked at linebacker. I really feel for opposing offenses if we add Clowney to this mix.

If you have Joseph as your fourth corner your secondary is in dang fine shape. We are stacked at linebacker. I really feel for opposing offenses if we add Clowney to this mix.

Yeah. Last season was weird. The first half of the season, the defense was great, but was held back by an aneimic offense. The second half, the offense caught fire but the defense fell off some.

If we can put it all together this season, it could be a truly special season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back