Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine Jayon was keen on a 1-year deal, his agent must have been telling him that what he wanted for a long-term deal wasnt out there atm.

The point is that he signed a lean $5 mil deal. He wasn't going to get a $10 mil long term deal atm. Split the difference where both sides accept some of the risk ($7.5) you might be able to make a deal. Brown is accepting a significant amount of risk should he get injured again.

Yes, a FA signing elsewhere would at least establish eligibility for a pick. The other criteria such as salary and other signing would also factor in.

and this is why I love 1 yr prove it deals....the player is motivated to produce and if they do it is a double win for the team....they get production and then a comp pick if the guy signs elsewhere the next yr

I’d gladly sign Clowney or Adoree back on a 1 yr prove it deal....wouldn’t count against our comp picks this yr and could get one next yr

sign golladay to a 1 yr deal then get a 3rd for him when he signs a big long term deal when the league has more cap space

and this is why I love 1 yr prove it deals....the player is motivated to produce and if they do it is a double win for the team....they get production and then a comp pick if the guy signs elsewhere the next yr

I’d gladly sign Clowney or Adoree back on a 1 yr prove it deal....wouldn’t count against our comp picks this yr and could get one next yr

sign golladay to a 1 yr deal then get a 3rd for him when he signs a big long term deal when the league has more cap space

Sounds like you want to build a team around 3rd round comp picks.

Sounds like you want to build a team around 3rd round comp picks.

Yep we know JRob is better drafting after the 1st...it is the Patriot way....to accumulate extra comp picks and draft more possible talent....when you know you aren't going to be gaining any comp picks then go all in on FA like the Pts have this yr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back