Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like this move as well. We needed a vet with experience that has some talent and is not washed up. He fits the bill

7th round rookie, he was always destined for the PS
I thought so too, except that this cut is really early. If they were planning on putting him on the PS, I would think they would have kept him around until the final cuts. Now he gets no chance to learn any during camp.

I thought so too, except that this cut is really early. If they were planning on putting him on the PS, I would think they would have kept him around until the final cuts. Now he gets no chance to learn any during camp.
He must have sucked.

No issues in principle, but didnt we trade up for this guy in the 7th? Or was that our other move in the 7th, for the DB?

Edit, looks like 224 was the pick we got from the Browns for the Taywan Taylor trade.

He must have sucked.

No issues in principle, but didnt we trade up for this guy in the 7th? Or was that our other move in the 7th, for the DB?

Edit, looks like 224 was the pick we got from the Browns for the Taywan Taylor trade.
So we traded a worthless player fora guy we not even keep on the ps. Sounds like a fair trade

Well lets face it - the Titans needed someone with some decent experience as a back up to win a few games if need be ... safer option than a 7th round rookie and a guy whose been on our practice squad

This is good news, I was a little nervous not having an option behind Tanny with any real game time experience should he go down for a game or two.

Having a solid backup last year was the difference between a lost season, and an AFC Championship game.

We should have added another RB that can pound the rock in the 7th imo. Granted, you aren’t getting a stud there, so you roll the dice...but we knew that McDonald was likely hitting the PS anyway. Might was well get a guy that may be able to fight for some goal line work, backup, and block etc....

Gotta say, having a backup with 25 starts and a career winning record that averages over 200 yards a game is a bit of a relief. My guess is seeing Woodside and Sunshine next to Tanny in practice really brought home what a step down it would be if they were ever called into service.

Gotta say, having a backup with 25 starts and a career winning record that averages over 200 yards a game is a bit of a relief. My guess is seeing Woodside and Sunshine next to Tanny in practice really brought home what a step down it would be if they were ever called into service.
Career winning record isn’t a QB stat. If it was, Broncos probably still have him starter until he has a losing record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back